Thread: 4.1.27 illegal state exception

4.1.27 illegal state exception

I recently updated to 4.1.27 through the google play store. All seemed well for a day or so; but now when trying to start the application I get the error:

"Error loading application data!
    Illegal state exception - must initialize Fabric before using singleton()"

The only option is a button to exit.

I tried clearing the BP cache and restarting the phone (HTC rezound), but it didn't help.

Suggestions?

I got the same error, the only way I could figure out how to get it to work again was to re-install an older version of Beyondpod.

BeyondPod Team
    Thank you for reporting this. We will investigate this issue.

Thanks
    Bill

I backed up my BeyondPod folder, then cleared the cache, cleared the data and uninstalled. I re-installed the same version (4.1.27) and it seems to be working ok (~4 days now). I had to reset my preferences, but I didn't lose any feeds.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeW View Post
    I backed up my BeyondPod folder, then cleared the cache, cleared the data and uninstalled. I re-installed the same version (4.1.27) and it seems to be working ok (~4 days now). I had to reset my preferences, but I didn't lose any feeds.
    Thank you for reporting back. Let us know if this issue happens again.

Thanks
    Bill

Dear Bill,
    Dear BeyondPod team,

I have the same problem except that I don't manage to start BeyondPod anymore and make a backup. This issue appears to be there for some time, and no workaround is provided. It looks like I have to give up on BeyondPod !?

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    @dlmr00 Have you tried clearing the cache and data from System Settings | Apps | Beyondpod, as described above?

Unfortunately, we can't reproduce it, and have no logs from people who's experienced it, which makes it incredibly hard to divine what the problem might be and fix it.

Julie

Dear Julie,

yes i agree it is almost impossible to fix it if it can't be reproduced on your side.

I cleared the cache and the problem persisted. I cleared the data, and BeyondPod restarted, as if I had just upgraded it (welcome page, proposing a quick tour etc...), but with categories and playlists I created recently (where this was retrieved from, after deleting data, no idea, but I am happy I don't have to re-enter).

Hope the problem does not happen again (soon), but there is a solution and yes, it was already posted, except that I had no need to reinstall.

Cheers

dlmr

Ok so this is happening to me right now. Just tried to update all feeds and the app crashed. What files do you need?

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Hi and welcome to the forum.

It'll be too late now, but next time it happens, please capture your Android log immediately afterwards, and send it to support following the instructions at http://www.beyondpod.com/cms/index.php/send-android-log

Julie