Thread: Video podcast episode disappears

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Video podcast episode disappears

even when I've watched half of it.

To clarify, the video podcast episode does not disappear whilst I am watching it but this morning after suspecting that these particular episodes seemed to go I watched 1/2 of the video episode. Then stopped playing it. This evening now I have come to continue playing this video podcast I notice that the ((.)) stream icon has appeared next to the episode.

When I go look in the Feeds area, the download icon (an arrow pointing down to a line) has appeared so I have the option to download it (again). What is strange is, it has kept track of where I am up to in the podcast itself (currently 25 mins left with the orange progress bar just over 1/2 way).

I have tried removing the feed and re-adding it. I have looked in the advanced feed options.

A week ago I even saw that I had around 6/7 episodes and all of them gave me the option to download... when I am sure they all had at 1 point.

The video podcast feed is "IGN.com - Game Scoop! TV(Video)"

I have not seen this strange behaviour in any other podcast though to be fair I don't have any other video feeds. I will try looking for another video podcast feed to see if similar oddities occur.

I have also not reached a storage limit as my nexus 6 has 18GB available.

Feed settings are;
    Category "games"
    Episode download "download latest 1 episode and keep at most 10"

I thought about flicking the option "allow episode deletion" to see if that keeps these episodes as I generally manage my podcasts manually anyway by picking the "delete played" option if for no other reason that to keep my episode list tidy.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of issue? I have done a couple of searches in the forums.

Cheers.
    Last edited by sparconi; 03-16-2015 at 01:59 PM.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    It's the first report of anything like this that I have seen. Obviously, disallowing episode deletion would work around the problem, but it would be useful to determine what's causing it. What's the URL of the feed (the first thing you see when you edit the feed)?

Julie

juwlz I think I have just figured out why my video podcasts are being removed.

What is happening is that video podcasts are showing up in my "photos" app on my phone (Google Nexus 6 - lolipop 5.0.1), so along with pictures and video's of the kids I am also seeing a screen of the initial frame of the video podcast. What is happening is I have been picking these screens and selecting "delete" then the screen says "Deleted items are removed from this and other synced devices. They're also deleted from anywhere they're linked to in Google services like Google Drive, Photos albums, Google+ and Blogger". I then have 2 options "CANCEL" and "DELETE EVERYWHERE"....

Guess what's been happening when I pick that second option for the screens of the video podcast....

When I realised I removed a couple of video's from here,went back to to beyond pod.. they were also deleted. I tested this again with others and they also then disappeared.

I'd like to assume that this will now be tested and a fix worked on? For a kick off video podcasts downloaded via beyondpod IMHO shouldn't really be turning up in lolipop "Photos" app but hey it is a new O/S.

Let me know your thoughts please.

Kind regards,

Sparconi! (very long time beyondpod user)

Cheers!

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Quote Originally Posted by sparconi View Post
    I'd like to assume that this will now be tested and a fix worked on? For a kick off video podcasts downloaded via beyondpod IMHO shouldn't really be turning up in lolipop "Photos" app but hey it is a new O/S.
    Don't you just love new Android "features"?

And yes, we'll investigate what makes a difference.

Julie

If I'm honest I am not ruling out my Nexus 6 or android 5.0.1 as since owning it am not over happy with the performance of the device nor the stability of the system. I have been waiting for google to send a patch update to address some of these concerns. The problems around Lollipop are well documented round the net.

BeyondPod Team
    sparconi, Can you go to advanced settings and and un-check the setting Episodes Visible in music player. Restart the phone and see if the video episodes show up in Photos.

Thanks
    Bill