Thread: Share backup via the sync service

Share backup via the sync service

I have run beyondpod on a tablet for ages, I am just setting it up on a phone too.

I have registered and will be using the episode sync thing... but to get the phone setup in the first place transferred a backup via gdrive.

It would be nice if I could have just done a 'backup/restore' via the sync service (as it is already there).

It would be even nicer if the restore could be selective - restore specific categories, or just feeds in smartplay etc... As I won't want *all* the feeds on the phone.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Hi, thanks for the suggestion.

It's something that we've discussed before. We're planning a big re-think about sync and managing feeds and sync. Don't hold your breath, but changes are in the pipeline.

Julie

Nice idea! This would make a smooth way to set up a replacement device, just register with the sync service and BP would set itself up. Ignore the "downloaded" info, keep the read/played info, and you're all set. How much of that would work already? I may have to set sync up again just to keep a current backup. My two devices have different sets of feeds (the tablet for reading and video, the phone for listening), so I haven't been synching them.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    It's in the plan (for the new-style sync).