Thread: sync over devices doesn´t work

sync over devices doesn´t work

Hi
    I have the beyond pod app on my nexus 5 device and on my kindle fire. Both full unlocked version and sync turned on. I have tried to sync with an accound which I created long time ago and also with a new one. Nothing happened. No podcasts are synced. I have synced them manually once with the backup-feature but no sync of podcast playing time happened.

I know these are only a few facts but perhaps somebody has the same problem or has an idea how to solve this.

Thanks for help

LLLuke

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Hi and welcome to the forum.

The sync service is Episode Sync, not a full sync. The way it works is described here: http://www.beyondpod.com/cms/index.php/cross-device
    So, for a new setup, the only things that will get synced are the playback position for episodes you've played, and information about newly downloaded or deleted episodes, since you enabled sync.

Note that the sync information is deleted after about 2 weeks, so if a device is not connected for more than a couple of weeks, it won't get any sync information prior to that.

HTH
    Julie

Dear juwlz

Thank you for reply. I know, that this is not a full sync. But in my case it doesn´t run in any way. No playback positions where synced nor information about new podcasts. A new information for me is, that the sync is over after about 2 weeks, but this is not the case in the testing procedure now.

I followed the instructions again and I can´t detect any failure.

Perhaps you have an idea for help or is it usefull to post the update protokoll. Both devices shows the actual sync time right after the start but nothing happen on the other devices.

I would be very happe if anyone could help me.

Kind Regards

LLLuke

Episode Sync isn't working very consistently on my setup. Playback positions are sometimes synced, but episode deletions don't seem to be working. Is there a way that someone on the BP Team could check the status of my sync account to see if things are working properly on the backend? Perhaps I'm not set up correctly, but I believe that I am. Also, are favorite episodes synced?

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Could you please check your sync settings. On each device you can decide:

• When episodes are deleted on my OTHER devices, also delete them from THIS device (so you need to check the setting on the device(s) where they're not getting deleted)
    • Accept feeds from my other devices: Always / Only when sent manually / Never

In other words, it's the settings on the "receiving" device that make a difference.

Note that there is a timeout (2 weeks, I think) after which changes are deleted from the server, so if one of your devices is only used rarely, it may never receive the information about what's happened if it was more than 2 weeks since the device was last switched on.

And no, the marking of an episode as a favourite is not synced.

As to checking the status of your account, please give us some examples (episodes, dates and what happened) so that we can investigate.

Julie

I have everything set properly regarding deleting episodes per your comments. I'll keep tracking it and follow up.