Thread: Compatible with Sony's SmartWatch?

Compatible with Sony's SmartWatch?

Can I control BeyondPod playback from the SmartWatch?

BeyondPod Team
    Not sure yet. I should have more information towards the end of next week.

Any new info? I really like the look of the SmartWatch but compatibility with BP is critical. Without BP support I'm not going to bother with it.

Anyone out there have it that can tell me if it works with BP?

BeyondPod Team
    Smart Watch does work with BeypondPod out of the box - you can play/pause, skip to next/previous episode and increase/decrease the volume. The only thing (so far) that does not work is the album art - all episodes show the same "generic" album art (vs. episode specific).

That being said, I personally so far can't find any good reason to use the Smart Watch (as a gadget lover I tried hard to find any use for it). It also has some technical/mechanical issues that make its use somewhat frustrating (for example: it is bulky, screen is difficult to see outside, it is totally useless without the phone being close, battery lasts only several days, it often fails to connect to the phone, navigation is a bit awkward etc.). Some people find it useful (especially if you carry your phone in a purse or not easy accessible place). My suggestion is - if you want to try it, get it from a place where you can return it if you don't like it.