Thread: Pause & Resume for Notifications & Navigation

Pause & Resume for Notifications & Navigation

There's an option in the settings for BP to pause & resume audio for notifications, but it doesn't work on my LTE Galaxy Nexus. Notification sounds play, but the audio doesn't pause; it continues unheard, and when I can hear it again, I've missed some of the episode. I'd like it fixed, and, if possible, to also pause & resume for Google Navigation audio.

BeyondPod Team
    Unless you have unchecked "pause on notification" this should already be happening (for both notifications and Navigation sounds). If it does not happen, the issue could be ether Presto (the playback speed plugin) if you use it - as it has issues on the Galaxy Nexus and responds with (sometimes 2.3 sec) delay to the commands BeyondPod sends. Another thing you can try is to turn off "Enable Fade-ins" - on some device the Fade-in may lose about a second of the episode.

Yeah, I do have Presto and I also have fade-ins enabled. I'll try disabling fade-ins and see if that fixes it. If not, then maybe Presto is the culprit.

BeyondPod Team
    You should be able to see if BeyondPod pauses by looking at the BeyondPod's "play" icon on the notification tray. It shows up when the player is playing and disappears when paused. If you receive a text message during playback the icon should briefly disappear and then appear back. I would first try with Presto disabled (In BeyondPod's Player settings > Player Plugins, and then restarting BeyondPod).