Thread: Empty dialogue box poping up

Empty dialogue box poping up

Hello my friends.

Since a few days, BeyondPod keeps popping up an empty dialogue box. Sometimes it takes me back to beyondpod from a different app, too.

Here's a screenshot http://imgur.com/jHJ9QPW

Can somebody tell me what's causing this and how to fix it?

Thanks!

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Hi and welcome to the forum Tim.

Do you have any feel for what was happening just before these boxes pop up? And are you sure that it's BeyondPod that is creating them? Have you installed/updated any other apps recently that might be causing it?

I have heard of any other reports of people getting them, so we may need to get an Android Log of it occurring to work out what's causing it (if, indeed, it is BeyondPod that's producing them).

Julie

I am having the exact same issue. It's started about a month ago. Not sure if it was after a beta update or not, as those are automatic. This occurs on my Samsung Tab 10.1 upon opening or updating feed(s) in Beyondpod. Also occurs randomly at times and dialog box will even pop up over whatever app is active if Beyondpod is running in background.. I am running v4.1.44. Strangely, the problem never occurs on my phone, a Samsung S5 running the same version of Beyondpod.

A second or two after posting this message the box popped up again on my tablet. I do have a program that monitors my phone on my PC and was able to determine that the box came up as my phone was running episodesync. Now I know that the problem occurs during device syncs as well as updates. Thinking it may have had something to do with whether or not I was signed into Feedly, I signed in and attempted a Beyondpod update. Same situation, nothing changed. What is so frustrating is that the dialog box is empty with only an "OK" button. The box does go away when "OK" is clicked only to appear again later. If only the box contained an error message.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Could you reproduce the problem, and immediately capture and send an Android log of it occurring, together with a link to this thread and details of what you've been able to ascertain so far.

Hopefully that will give enough clues to be able to identify and fix the issue.

Thanks
    Julie

Quote Originally Posted by juwlz View Post
    Could you reproduce the problem, and immediately capture and send an Android log of it occurring, together with a link to this thread and details of what you've been able to ascertain so far.

Hopefully that will give enough clues to be able to identify and fix the issue.

Thanks
    Julie
    Julie,
    Thanks for your reply. As per the instructions on Beyondpod's help page, yesterday I did just that. I uploaded the Android Log file via the link provided and referenced this thread.

Had a few minutes to play with this problem and was able to establish that the dialog box comes up only when Episodesync updates. Again, this occurs only on my tablet and never occurs on my phone.

BeyondPod Team
    Thanks for sending the log file. I think I was able to figure out what is popping up the empty dialog (your reference to it being related to EpisodeSync was really helpful).

Can you check if the date/time of your tablet are correct and if not set the device time to the current time? This should stop the dialog from popping up.

What happens is that EpisodeSync relies on the devices's current date/time to make sure that all changes from all devices are ordered correctly in time. For this purpose we have a check (...and a warning) if the device time is more than few minutes different from real time (except that due to a bug this particular warning did not show the text of the warning - just the dialog box).

Your phone probably syncs its time from the cell network and the time is generally correct, but tablet times often "drift" away from current time due to inaccuracies of their internal clock.

The "empty dialog" will be fixed in the next BETA build.

Thank you very much for your help.

Stefan

That was the problem. Changed tablet settings to "automatic date and time" and no more dialog box. Thanks for your help.