Thread: Bug: tapping the current category reverts to Player screen

Bug: tapping the current category reverts to Player screen

When I've tapped a category to see the list of downloaded episodes, then tap Back, BP shows the Player screen (my default). When I bring up the category list again, then tap the same category (it's in bold now), I get the Player screen again. Swiping the categories back in, tapping any other category works fine, Back to Player, swipe in the categories, and tapping the original (now that it's not already bold) works correctly.

I do keep expecting the see the category list when I tap Back.

If I swipe the categories back in while looking at the single category (no Back), I can tap the bold one or any of the others successfully.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    I can reproduce this, all except the category losing its boldness. Which means I just keep going back to the Player (which is also my default) - and IMHO shouldn't be happening.

What version are you running atm?

Julie

I'm running 4.1.41. The original category isn't bold anymore because I tapped another one in the interim; that's not a bug, I'd expect that. The last category I tapped is always bold.

Upgrading to 4.1.42 now. BP didn't notify me AFAICR, don't know when it became available.

Yep, still behaves as described.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Ah - OK.
    .42 (which I tested on) hasn't officially been "pushed" yet, which is probably why you haven't been prompted to install it.

Julie

BeyondPod Team
    Dennis,

Thanks for reporting that. This is/was a result of a slight "optimization" where selecting the current category again would skip some of the logic related to the selection (...as the "new" category was the same as the "current" category).

This is fixed in 4.1.43 (currently available on the BETA site) - selecting the same category again will now correctly minimize the player.

Yay! Fixed!

Thanks!

Dennis