Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Giant Bomb blocking BeyondPod due to malicious traffic

I'm guessing by your silence you've found the problem. I'm not going to be around after this and I'll be back on Tuesday. We'll hold off on blocking the UA for a bit to give you time to figure this out and update everyone.

BeyondPod Team
    Unfortunately not yet - all BeyondPod code seem to be OK.

I am now checking if for some reason the HTTP library we rely on (we use OKHTTP for Android) is doing something while interacting with your servers. When I make a request with no credentials supplied it returns 401 as expected, but if I send invalid credentials it fails with a different error which means it does something differently in this case.
    It is possible they do something internally that is causing them to loop - it is unlikely but it is the only lead I have so far.

Thank you for your understanding, I am trying my best to figure out what is going on.

BeyondPod Team
    After quite a bit of debugging, I think I was able to isolate an edge case that may have caused multiple re-authentications - It occurs if the user credentials are invalid (affected code is related to one of the 3rd party libraries we use).

I made the required changes to fix it and posted a new BETA 4.1.44.

We will give it a test over the weekend and if everything checks out will start pushing it to Google Play store early next week. To make it easier to see if the issue was indeed fixed, I also changed slightly the User Agent BeyondPod is using to: "Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; en-us; BeyondPod 4)" (there is "4" after BeyondPod). This way we can see if any re-authentications are occurring with this version.

Stefan

BeyondPod Team
    We pushed BeyondPod v4.1.44 (with the fix above) to Google Play Store.
    It usually takes about a week for most devices to get the new version.