Thread: Chromecast keeps dropping the line

Chromecast keeps dropping the line

I normally don't cast my podcasts, rather I listen to them on a set of bluetooth headsets or in the car. But tonight I'm assembling a new desk for my office and decided to cast to my chromecast while I worked on putting the desk together.

In the beginning, for the first podcast things we OK. But now I'm streaming another podcast and ever minute or so the chromecast drops the connection and BeyondPod stops. It's unlistenable at this point.

What might cause this? What should I report to you? BeyondPod is 4.1.43. Chromecast? I don't know. I've had it for a while. Let's see , Firmware Version: 32904.

Note I have even used the Chromecast app to reboot the Chromecast but this particular podcast keeps dropping the connection.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    I've had situations where Chromecast drops the connection, and simply refuses to do anything useful with it once apparently reconnected. I've ended up having to reboot both phone and Chromecast to get everything working again. I haven't tried casting anything for a while though, so I don't know what's changed recently.

Unfortunately, the handshaking information available to the calling app from Chromecast is virturally non-existent. It should "just work".

You could try sending Android logs capturing the problem, but I suspect they probably won't tell us much, and without knowing what the problem is (and it could be purely a Chromecast bug), it's difficult to fix.

Julie