Thread: Mp3 won't download - Status Code 400

Mp3 won't download - Status Code 400

Hello.. I built an RSS feed for a radio show that had some very specific requirements so it was all custom. All of the MP3 url's are generated on the fly and are signed for Amazon S3. That is all fine and dandy however Beyond Pod fails to download them or maybe I should say that whatever BeyondPod is sending to Amazon is not valid. The error logs from Beyond Pod show the full URL and if I copy and paste that into a browser, it is completely valid. I assume it might be an encoding issue on the signature, but it is hard to really tell.

Here is an example log entry (it won't work here but the original one does, I left the signature in tact).

Url: http://redacteddomain.com/container/...OuRw2uqnDE8%3d

Most other podcast apps can play it fine. My question might be what is beyondpod doing to the URL, are you doing any addition encoding?
    Last edited by sbaustin; 08-12-2015 at 11:51 AM.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Hi and welcome to the forum.

What version of BeyondPod are you running? There have been quite a few changes to how feeds are handled since 4.1.27, including some bugs introduced to 4.1.44 (which was released to the Play Store, but the rollout was stopped when the bugs - which mostly affected feeds hosted by Amazon - were reported), and some fixes in later beta releases (the latest beta is currently 4.1.47).

BTW, I can't reach the link you've posted:
    Server not found
    Firefox can't find the server at redacteddomain.com

What's the feed URL?

Julie
    Last edited by juwlz; 08-12-2015 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juwlz View Post
    Hi and welcome to the forum.

What version of BeyondPod are you running? There have been quite a few changes to how feeds are handled since 4.1.27, including some bugs introduced to 4.1.44 (which was released to the Play Store, but the rollout was stopped when the bugs - which mostly affected feeds hosted by Amazon - were reported), and some fixes in later beta releases (the latest beta is currently 4.1.47).

BTW, I can't reach the link you've posted:
    Server not found
    Firefox can't find the server at redacteddomain.com

What's the feed URL?

Julie
    As I mentioned the link won't work, it was redacted. I can PM you one but it will only be good for 15 minutes. Let me know if you can help. I'm on beta 4.1.44. I just installed 47 and it seems to have addressed the issue.
    Last edited by sbaustin; 08-12-2015 at 12:56 PM.

The status code 400 maybe is the source of link is removed or the source from other websites is not allowed.
    I also found a mp3 download site, you guys can download free mp3 ringtone from there.
    Wish u guys can have fun with it, cheers.
    Last edited by YolinChew; 08-26-2015 at 04:41 PM.

BeyondPod Team
    Glad to hear it appears to be fixed in 4.1.47. Could you please try 4.1.48 just to be sure that it's still OK in that, as .48 should be the next release unless we find any other important bugs.

In general, rather than link to a log that will disappear if we don't look at it straight away, it's more helpful to email the error log to support (there's an option to do that from the View Log menu if you're sending a recent one, or you can just email it to support at beyondpod dot mobi) and link to / reference the thread related to the log.

Julie

Quote Originally Posted by YolinChew View Post
    The status code 400 maybe is the source of link is removed or the source from other websites is not allowed.
    This was not the case. Beyond pod *was* working and started to fail when it was uploaded.

Glad to hear it appears to be fixed in 4.1.47. Could you please try 4.1.48 just to be sure that it's still OK in that, as .48 should be the next release unless we find any other important bugs.

In general, rather than link to a log that will disappear if we don't look at it straight away, it's more helpful to email the error log to support (there's an option to do that from the View Log menu if you're sending a recent one, or you can just email it to support at beyondpod dot mobi) and link to / reference the thread related to the log.

Julie
    48 seems to be working too. Do you know when you will be releasing to the app store?

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by sbaustin View Post
    48 seems to be working too. Do you know when you will be releasing to the app store?
    As always it'll be a staged rollout, starting soon, I think.

Julie

As always it'll be a staged rollout, starting soon, I think.

Julie
    I noticed BP was updated in the play store yesterday. However, the version number didn't actually update and still states 4.1.44, same as the last version. Does this version include the fixes from 47 and 48?