Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manage Feeds and Episodes from the web

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lightbulb Manage Feeds and Episodes from the web

It would be nice to be able to manage feeds and episodes from my web browser.

• The phone interface is poor for getting into the nitty-gritty settings details.
    • The phone interface is poor for performing bulk actions (bulk delete/update/whatever).
    • If I find a podcast I want to subscribe to while browsing on my laptop, it would be nice to be able to add it to BeyondPod from the web similar to how I can add an RSS feed to feedly while browsing and then it appears in my feedly app/wherever.
    • I imagine it could work like the google play store where I can select an app to install from the web and it gets downloaded on my phone
    • I believe overcast works like this

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    It's already on the ToDo list

Any update on this? I've been reading through this forum seeing how many various iterations of this exist and they seem to boil down to a web player/manager and a desktop app.

Personally, I'd love a web player to the Pocket Casts version (https://play.pocketcasts.com). I paid for their web version (and would be happy to pay for access to a BP web version). Personally, I think BP is much more polished and has more finely-tuned controls than Pocket Casts, so I just can't bring myself to switch.

I'd just love a way to manage my feeds/playlists/episodes online, listen to episodes through a webplayer with the variable speed settings, and with an intuitive and reliable sync.

Thanks!

BeyondPod Team
    It's something that periodically bubbles near to the top of the ToDo list, and then sinks back down again. So for the time-being, I can't give you anything more concrete than that.

We do have Episode Sync available, but it's controlled from the phone / tablet rather than a web interface.

Julie
    Last edited by juwlz; 01-27-2016 at 07:58 AM.

That's really disappointing to hear as that's my number 1 most-wanted feature. Based on the number of requests that are similar on here, I'd wager that a number of other users also want it as well.

Even though Pocket Casts lacks the depth of BeyondPod's structure, I have to admit that the web interface is a huge draw and I'm finding myself using it more and more. Their pricing model is pretty clever, too. I paid 3.99 for the app and 9 for the web access. I happily paid for the BeyondPod unclock key for my phone. I would just as quickly pay an additional premium to unlock the web version, in case funding is an issue you guys are running into. PocketCasts offers a 14-day trial where you get full access to the web version for that period and then have to pay. I think that model is smart for users who aren't entirely sure if they want it.

I sincerely keep my fingers crossed that this hops back up into active development.

+1
    I agree with username, I'd also pay additionally for web access.
    I love BeyondPod and use it many hours every week but this feature is missing. Hope it will finally land on the top spot in the priority list.

Having a web player (and interface) is the ONLY reason why I moved to PocketCast. I think the SmartPlay list is the best thing since.

I listen to Podcasts at work and use a headset. I would move back to BeyondPod in a heartbeat if this feature were available.

+1 for this feature.

How do we get it to "bubble" to the top of the todo list..?

cheers

simon

BeyondPod Team
    Offer lots of money )

There is currently a web player under development - see the BeyondPod WebPlayer thread. But it doesn't sync with the Android app yet.

Julie

Always money...;-)

I guess if I'm being specific, its the sync feature I want. I love listening on my phone and would really like to sync with (any player) that was on my desktop. Is that something that's possible..?

Thanks for the reply...

cheers

simon