Thread: Forum only sends one notification email

Forum only sends one notification email

Hi Stefan,

Is there a setting somewhere in the forum where I can specify that I want emails from subscribed threads all the time, and not just the first one since my most recent visit to the forum? I've been spoiled by the "mailing list" style of the Google Group, and now I miss loads of stuff because I'm not at a browser all the time.

Cheers,
    Dave

BeyondPod Team
    Dave,

This is indeed my biggest issue with vBulletin forums - they don't seem to allow subscribing to everything (which makes sense for large forums like xda).
    For my personal use, I end up creating (...hacking) a special RSS feed that shows the last 100 posts from the last 7 days. If you want to use it, you can find a link in the first post of the Getting Started forum.

If somebody has experience with vBulletin and knows of a way to allow users (not administrators) to subscribe to every post - please let me know. I will be glad to set this up.

BeyondPod Team

Lightbulb RSS Feed + ifttt recipe = email of each post

... and once you have an RSS feed for each post, you can use ifttt (If This Then That) to automatically email the contents of each RSS item to yourself, e.g. http://ifttt.com/recipes/4447.

Julie

BeyondPod Team
    .. so I've just created a task which uses Stefan's feed as the trigger. Now I should get an email containing this post and information about it.

Julie

BeyondPod Team
    OK, that worked, but the layout for the fields I'd included was a bit messy, so I've tweaked it. If this looks better, I'll post it as an ifttt recipe for all to share.

Julie

BeyondPod Team
    Right - here's the ifttt recipe

Julie

Thanks Julie, that recipe is absolutely spot on!

Dave