Thread: No longer able to see individual episodes (playlist?) when using Android Auto

No longer able to see individual episodes (playlist?) when using Android Auto

So all of a sudden, I can't see individual episodes when connected to Android Auto.

Up until yesterday, I could select Categories and I'd get a list such as: News Politics Entertainment etc..

When I chose a category, BP would automatically play the first episode (which I hate but that is another topic) - however, I used to be able to press the playlist button to see the other episodes in the category and jump to one of those.

Now, when I hit the playlist, it gives me a screen like this "<--- Beyond Pod"

EDIT: Using v4.1.48
    Last edited by robphelan; 09-29-2015 at 09:11 AM.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Quote Originally Posted by robphelan View Post
    So all of a sudden, I can't see individual episodes when connected to Android Auto.
    Google have updated Android Auto, and have broken something. We've already spent some time trying to work out how to get it working again, but with no joy so far. Maybe it's something that Google needs to fix.

As to auto-playing, that was something that Google requires to get the app approved for Android Auto compatibility. Their guidelines say (for safety reasons) that you should be able to achieve something with no more that 6 clicks/taps (including scrolling, so automatically playing a Feed/Category helps to reduce the number of clicks required. (In fact, we'd encourage anybody using Android Auto - or even BeyondPod on a phone in the car) to make good use of (multiple) SmartPlay lists anyway, rather than hunting and picking individual episodes to play).

You can override the AutoPlay of Feeds / Categories in the Advanced Settings of BP. In Debug settings (right at the bottom), type AutoBrowsable=1

HTH
    Julie