Thread: Player controls in lock screen disappear

Player controls in lock screen disappear

Lately I've been noticing that the player control (back, play/pause, forward plus program icon) that appears in my lock screen will disappear after a while. I only notice this happen when I've got a paused podcast and some time passes. In fact I think it only disappears after BP checks for new episodes (I have this configured for every 4 hours and it checks on 4G or WiFi). And it might only happen when it actually fetches a new episode (which I only allow on WiFi). Anyway, once the playbar disappears from my lock screen, I have to unlock and bring the app to the foreground again - not nice when driving.

I also see that if I am listening with screen unlocked, app in foreground, and then I pause and hit Android Home button (thereby moving to Android home screen), that BP does not appear in my lock screen.

Have I simply missed some setting?

Phone is 3rd gen Moto X with Lollipop. And BP is kept current (not on beta release).

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Pretty much everything I could tell you about Lock Screen controls is on our Help Page at Controlling playback from the device Lock Screen

It may be that BeyondPod is getting kicked out of memory by Android because the memory is needed for something else. In that case, I would expect the lock screen controls to disappear as well.

Julie

Your page about lock screen is very helpful, but I found an additional setting that you may want to document on the page. In Lollipop, Android Device Settings > Sounds and Notification > App Notifications leads to per app settings. I opened the settings for BP and changed Priority from off to on. This is supposed to keep the player controls at the top of the notifications; presumably this will fix the problem that I reported.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_glenn View Post
    Your page about lock screen is very helpful, but I found an additional setting that you may want to document on the page. In Lollipop, Android Device Settings > Sounds and Notification > App Notifications leads to per app settings. I opened the settings for BP and changed Priority from off to on. This is supposed to keep the player controls at the top of the notifications; presumably this will fix the problem that I reported.
    Where did you get that? Afaik the only thing that toggle does is let apps make notification sounds even when the device is in priority mode.

Quote Originally Posted by appel View Post
    Where did you get that? Afaik the only thing that toggle does is let apps make notification sounds even when the device is in priority mode.
    The explanation for the per App setting says for Priority: "Show notifications at the top of the list and keep them coming when the device is set to priority interruptions only".

For BeyondPod I assumed this means that the player controls that appear in the notification list will remain at the top, but I could be wrong - it might only refer to feed update notifications.