Thread: Playlist won't play more than 1 podcast

Playlist won't play more than 1 podcast

If I am currently listening to a podcast and then long press another and add it to the playlist, both podcasts show up, but when the first podcast is done playing, it doesn't start playing the newly added one. The smart playlist doesn't really work in my situation because I usually am listening to the only unlistened to podcast and then about halfway through the next episode is available for download, just due to when I listen.

Is this how it's supposed to be??

Android version on an LG Revolution running Android 3.2.4
    BeyondPod version 2.9.15 with purchased key

Thanks

Look in Settings/Player Settings/When Finish Playing. It should be set to Play Next or Delete and Play Next, depending on your preference.

I don't know what the default may be. Also, look at Settings/Playlist/When Playlist Ends and nearby options for similar choices for when the playlist runs out.

Good luck!

Dennis

Oh man, I feel dumb. It was set to do nothing.

Thanks for the quick reply.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Cam View Post
    The smart playlist doesn't really work in my situation because I usually am listening to the only unlistened to podcast and then about halfway through the next episode is available for download, just due to when I listen.
    There are settings to handle what happens when you get to the end of your smart playlist too, including refreshing it (which will add anything that's supposed to be there if it has downloaded by then).

For your scenario, you could completely automate your playlist very simply, by setting up the following SmartPlay list and settings which are all in the Playlist and Widget settings section:
    Start with: Oldest
    20 (arbitrary number) episodes of
    Category: All feeds
    Tick the Auto Rebuild SmartPlay option
    Select Restart SmartPlay as the action for When Playlist Ends

That way you'd always have everything on your smartlist, in the order they downloaded, until you run out of things to listen to.

If you prefer to prioritise certain feeds or groups of feeds, select the Feeds and/or Categories that you want first, and finish up with Category All Feeds to catch everything else.

Julie