Thread: Cannot restore from backups

Cannot restore from backups

I just got a new phone and was attempting to transfer my feeds so I did a backup in BeyondPod on my old phone, FTP'd it to my hosted server, then FTP'd it to my new phone and tried to restore in BeyondPod. It says it doesn't see any backup files. Both phones on 4.1.48.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    In a file manager, open it from wherever you saved it - it will ask BP to open it. BP's restore option from the Settings menu will only find it if it's in the same BeyondPod folder that BP is configured to use for all your data.

Julie

The opml file is where the restore setting says its looking. It should find it. Though, I tried to open it via a file manager, selected BeyondPod Restore, it then tries to import the opml file path as the path to a new feed, not a restore of a list of feeds.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Ah - a backup and an OPML file are two very different things. A backup includes all your BP settings, including what you've downloaded, played, all your preferences, etc. An OPML file is just a standardised export of your html feeds. To import from that, go to Add Feed, Rectangle with arrow, and Import OPML file.

A backup will have a filename in the format BeyondPod_Backup_yyyy-mm-dd.bpbak

Julie

Ahh ok; I assumed the "Export to OPML" was just a different backup format. Thanks for the clarification.