Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: How to Log In?

  1. #1

    How to Log In?

    Hi - I had to do a factory reset on my Android phone. Just reinstalled BeyondPod but cannot figure out how to log in and thus recapture my subscription list.

    Also, the Unlock Key is now re-installed but I do not recall what to do with this.

    Thank you,

    Greg
    Last edited by gregorybaskin; 01-24-2016 at 08:21 PM.

  2. #2
    BeyondPod Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Posts
    4,169
    Hi, and welcome to the forum.

    You don't need to do anything with the Unlock key. Its presence on your phone tells the main app that you've paid for the full version.

    There is no login, I'm afraid (unless you're using Episode sync, but that only updates each device about changes; it can't be used to recover your feed list). The procedure for moving to a new device (or backing up before and restoring after a Factory Reset) is documented in the Help pages at How to move BeyondPod to a new device, but the starting point is a backup on your old device (or before a Factory Reset).

    Julie

  3. #3
    Disappointing! But thank you letting me know, Julie.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    16
    I'm so sorry that happened to you, gregorybaskin!

    I had that same issue when I accidentally reset my phone back in my early days of Android ownership. Because of that, I make sure I manually backup my feeds every month and save it on my Google Drive.

    In addition, I think this also speaks to the need for account backups and a web-enabled player/organizer a la PocketCasts, as that would have fixed your issue! I suggest you rattle the cage for updates on this oft-requested feature as there have been no updates for a while!

    http://www.beyondpod.com/forum/showt...s-from-the-web

  5. #5
    BeyondPod Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Posts
    4,169
    The latest BeyondPod beta DOES support Marshmallow backup and restore. However, with multiple devices that in itself has limitations, as you can't control WHICH device would have been the last one to backup to your Google account. That's fine if you only have one device, or if your devices both/all have the same subscriptions and are in sync (which can be done using Episode Sync), but is hit-and-miss otherwise - that's a Google limitation.

    There are also tentative plans in place to potentially expand Episode Sync to include periodic full backups.

    Julie

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2
    So if I have done a factory reset, I would need to purchase another "Unlock Key"?
    My phone does not remember that I have a key... it thinks I am starting from scratch.

    Is there a way to get another unlock key? Its the same phone... just re-set.

  7. #7
    BeyondPod Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    US
    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by RajuYo View Post
    So if I have done a factory reset, I would need to purchase another "Unlock Key"?
    My phone does not remember that I have a key... it thinks I am starting from scratch.

    Is there a way to get another unlock key? Its the same phone... just re-set.
    The Unlock Key is linked to your Google Play account so as long as you have the same email/account set up with the phone, you should be able to re-install the unlock key in the Google Play store.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    The Unlock Key is linked to your Google Play account so as long as you have the same email/account set up with the phone, you should be able to re-install the unlock key in the Google Play store.
    Thanks for the reply. I guess I am simplifying my google accounts - and I am using a different email. While it is the same phone, its a different play-story sign-in. Could the Unlock Key be transferable? It would only be to this email I am using now to write this comment. Anyhow - this is more complicated that its seems it should be.

  9. #9
    BeyondPod Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    US
    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by RajuYo View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I guess I am simplifying my google accounts - and I am using a different email. While it is the same phone, its a different play-story sign-in. Could the Unlock Key be transferable? It would only be to this email I am using now to write this comment. Anyhow - this is more complicated that its seems it should be.
    Unfortunately, this is how Google Play/Android works. It is linked to a Google email/account. This is not a BeyondPod thing. You can link your previous Google account to your phone again and you will then be able to re-install the Unlock Key to your phone again.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2
    I have the same issue. What is more, I don't even remeber my Unlock key. But I find the way to solve it after I read all the postings.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •