Thread: Make "Download on WiFi Only" a per-feed option

Lightbulb Make "Download on WiFi Only" a per-feed option

I have some feeds which are fine to download on my data connection, the content is very small and I like having it up to date.

Some audio and particularly video podcasts are not. I'd like to be able to tell BeyondPod which feeds this can happen for and which cannot.

I can mitigate this by choosing the update schedule so that it really only downloads the large items during times of day when I expect to be home, but when running a manual refresh, I still wind up having to babysit it and cancel the large downloads. As I understand it, a size limit for episode downloads is probably difficult and will prove unreliable, so I really think that this is the next best solution to this problem.

If you have a program like Automagic4Android or Tasker, you can tell it to initiate your feed updates and depending on if you are on wifi, you can tell it to do a full update or only update a category or feeds on a smartplay list.

That should help temporarily

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    The other way to approach it would be to disable downloads on WiFi, and manually override the restriction for those you DO want to download.

Julie

Quote Originally Posted by juwlz View Post
    The other way to approach it would be to disable downloads on WiFi, and manually override the restriction for those you DO want to download.

Julie
    I have the same request. how does one override the restriction on a per podcast basis?

Quote Originally Posted by juwlz View Post

Julie
    I have the same request. how does one override the restriction on a per podcast basis?