Thread: Moving downloaded episodes to an SD Card

Moving downloaded episodes to an SD Card

I have a Galaxy S4. I've just installed an SD Card, and want to move all of my downloaded episodes onto that SD Card. I went to "General Settings", and then "Podcast Download Folder", then "Move". At that point, I get the scary message "Android KitKat has introduced some restrictions for the use of the External SD card. You can still move episode download folder to the External SD card, but all BeyondPod settings and downloaded episodes WILL BE DELETED when you uninstall BeyondPod."

Yikes! What does this mean exactly? I've already moved the app to the SD card...it just seem that the downloaded episodes did not move with it. I absolutely do not want to lose my downloaded episodes. Can someone explain this to me please? thanks!

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    It means that once your data is on the SD card, if you ever uninstall the app, Android will automatically delete the app's folder on the SD card.

Since you're unlikely to uninstall the app if you still want the data, it's not generally something you need to worry about - but it IS something you need to be aware of.

Julie

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    It means that once your data is on the SD card, if you ever uninstall the app, Android will automatically delete the app's folder on the SD card.

Since you're unlikely to uninstall the app if you still want the data, it's not generally something you need to worry about - but it IS something you need to be aware of.

Julie

Quote Originally Posted by juwlz View Post

Julie
    Thamks for the clarification. One more question. If I change devices, will the play list and dowloaded episodes transfer over to tge new device?

Quote Originally Posted by juwlz View Post

Julie
    HELP!! I just moved my downloaded episodes onto the SD Card. And now I can't "update feed" for any of my podcasts. When when I try to "see all published episodes" I get the error message:
    "Update failed! issuficientStorageSpaceException - invalid download folder: /storage/emulated/0/BeyondPod/RSSCache"

What do I do now?