Thread: unable to change download folder? (option is greyed out)

unable to change download folder? (option is greyed out)

on a new Android 4.4.4 head unit for my car (not Android Auto, but a head unit that runs Android in full), I've installed the latest BeyondPod beta. This device has both an internal memory as well as two MicroSD card slots, both of which have a MicroSD card in them that Android is able to read and write to. However for some reason BeyondPod has the Download Folder option greyed out. I don't know if this is an issue with the Beta of BeyondPod unable to change download folder? (option is greyed out).

I don't think this is necessarily an issue because it's the Beta version, but I'm wondering what things I should be looking into to see why this is happening? Since I can read and write to the cards with other apps I'm not quite sure what I need to do to check how to get BeyondPod to recognize these SD cards to be able to store the downloads on.

thanks!

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    I'm guessing that the head unit doesn't expose the the external SD cards in a way that BP can understand, so BP doesn't think there's an alternative path to try.

You could manually add the folder <SD card>Android/data/mobi.beyondpod/files/BeyondPod/Podcasts to one of the SD cards (if one of them has the path sdcard1, use that one), and you can then manual edit the path to be /storage/sdcard1/Android/data/mobi.beyondpod/files in the Advanced Settings. You may also have to move the folder manually from the internal storage to the sd card, and reboot at the end of it all.

Julie