Thread: Unable to transfer podcast audio files from Nexus 5X to Win10 laptop

Unable to transfer podcast audio files from Nexus 5X to Win10 laptop

I am trying to transfer files from my phone to my laptop and am no longer able to do so from my Nexus 5X device. I'm using v4.1.48 and am on Android 6.0.1. I used to be able to do this with my Nexus 5 device. I am able to see the files in the default BeyondPod/Podcasts/... folders, but when I try to move them or copy them to my laptop, I get an unknown error. Anyone experienced the same? I'm able to transfer other files from the phone fine, like pictures, etc.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Hi

I think you'll need to ask about this in either a Windows 10 or an Android forum (since it's not clear whether it's a problem with Windows 10 or with something about Marshmallow). There's nothing special about BeyondPod's folder or files. They're just files.

The only possible thing I can think of is that if you have a .nomedia file in your BeyondPod folder (which will be the case if there's no tick in "Episodes visible in Music Player in the Playlist section in BeyondPod's Advanced Settings. But that's just grasping at straws. I wouldn't expect it to make a difference to the ability to copy files.

Julie