Thread: Pinned media controls and fullscreen playlist

Pinned media controls and fullscreen playlist

Hi,

I'm a Podcastfan since many years now and sticked to the Android-app Doggcatcher for many years. Nevertheless I tested the other podcatchers from time to time and a few weeks ago I switched for the first time to an other app and this is BeyondPod. I like the design and it has most of the essential key-features that I need.

But there is one feature that I still miss so much:

I would like to pin the full media control bar at the bottom (play, skip, time-slider, zZ, ...) to have it always available. I don't like the reduced one with just play/pause. Furthermore the (smart-)playlist should be expandable to fullscreen.

Because this is the standard-usage for me: listening (and play-control) of podcasts with always keeping an eye on the playlist.

To give you a better idea how I imagine this, I photoshoped the attached screeshots in the way how BeyondPod would look like:

beyondpod - fullscreen playlist.jpg

I would really appreciate if you would implement these proposals.

Best regards
    Salazar

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Unfortunately, the width of the pull out drawers (which is how the playlist and feed lists are implemented) and how they overlay the rest of the screen is controlled by the APIs that Google provide, so changing it to work this way would require a major rewrite, which, in all honesty, isn't likely to happen.

Sorry.

Hmmm ... it's disagreeable to hear that a full-width playlist is not planned. But I can understand that you're not keen on rewriting the app in such a major way.

Do you see at least a way to pin the media controls to have them always on top? Because after all you have a header with the back-arrow, episode count und menu, during the pull out drawer is active. Maybe there is also a way to have a footer with the media controls?

You see I'm still hopeful and wondering why other users don't miss this feature. Because if you're listening to podcasts with BeyondPod the playlists lies at the heart of everything. And I don't understand why they are displayed so negligibly in a pull out drawer.

Or did I get something wrong? Is there a different way to use BP without playlists? I don't want to start each episode manually, because I have to many subsriptions and to many short episodes.

By the way I love the possibility of smart playlists combined with the ability to modify the sort order within the playlist manually. That is a big advantage of BP.

Anyways, BeyondPod is a cool app. Keep up the good work.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Quote Originally Posted by salazar View Post
    Do you see at least a way to pin the media controls to have them always on top? Because after all you have a header with the back-arrow, episode count und menu, during the pull out drawer is active. Maybe there is also a way to have a footer with the media controls?
    That was something I asked for before 4.x was even released. I can't see it happening now.

Julie