Thread: Incorrect file size

Incorrect file size

I added a new podcast the other day and for some reason beyondpod isn't showing the correct file size. The files as far as I can tell should be around 60mb however beyondpod says they are 60Gb and therefore can not be downloaded as I don't have that much space. I've been in contact with the podcast producers and they don't know why this is happening, and looks right from their end. Other podcast programs I have (I.e.the stock Sony music app) have no problems.
    Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? I have version 4.1.48

BeyondPod Team
    Hi and welcome to the forum.

What's the URL for the feed? (NB: Your post will probably need moderator approval, so don't be surprised if you can't see it straight away)

Julie

So it seems if I start it streaming and then go to all feeds I can download each episode manually as it reads the file size correct there. However if I go specifically to that feed it still says it's Gb's and refuses to.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by cantanga View Post
    I've been in contact with the podcast producers and they don't know why this is happening, and looks right from their end.
    Does it?

BeyondPod doesn't have a way to read the actual file size, we get this information from the publishers feed >IF< they include it.

In this case they include it, it's just very wrong.

For example this is from their feed, first enclosure (podcast):

Code:
     <enclosure url="http://media.blubrry.com/thebeardedbereans/thebeardedbereans.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/theBeardedBereans-002.mp3" length="131434668000" type="audio/mpeg" />
    Their feed specifies that the first podcast is 131434668000 bytes or 131 gig. Similar bug/errors for their other podcasts. You can see this if you load the feed url in a browser like chrome (IE will actually render it).

We don't read the file size once you have it queued up for streaming.

Hmm well that looks like it could be the problem. I will get back in touch with them. Thanks Tim.