Thread: A "Queue to download when on Wifi" feature for when you're not

A "Queue to download when on Wifi" feature for when you're not

Hi

Download settings can get a bit convoluted, apologies if this is a duplicate, or if I've overlooked such a setting etc etc, but thought it worth a mention, more a "nice to have" than a "need to have".

Often I'll be about to download an episode when I realise I'm not on wifi. e.g. checking through my feeds on the train.
    Beyondpod helpfully pops up the warning messages to remind me of this. What I think would be handy here would be a "Queue to download when on wifi" option. So that when I'm back home any of these will then be downloaded on the cheap.

It's not quite such a problem for me now as where I live data plans are getting less constrictive, however even so it's handy if you're out and about ready to load up the playlist and find a random bunch of episodes you'd like to download, but don't need to listen to right that moment.

Probably simplest to implement as an option on the "You're not on Wifi" bandwidth pop-up warning.

Craig

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Hi

Yes it has been requested before.

In the short term, the workaround is to add the episode to your playlist, and then "Download all in Playlist" when you reach WiFi (which will only work if you don't switch playlists in the interim, of course).

Julie

(I did have a quick search for it before posting, honest! )

Thanks for responding, and for the suggestion. FYI I probably won't use that approach as I don't really use the playlist approach to my listening, but good to know it's a workaround.

Cheers
    Craig