Thread: 4.2.30 Constantly Crashing (won't start)

4.2.30 Constantly Crashing (won't start)

This is become a constant problem where BP 4.2.30 crashes whenever I try to open it ("BeyondPod has stopped. Restart App, Send Feedback". The strange thing is that if I trigger BP to open via the remote on my headset, it will play podcasts fine... but when I tap to open the app completely then it will crash. It also works with Android Auto fine, but again, if I try to bring the app up fully then it will crash. There have been a few instances where it will work fine for awhile and then start crashing again. Restarting doesn't seem to do anything. I have BP stored on my SD card and would test whether moving it makes a difference...but it is too large to move to internal storage. I've submitted my system logs via the "send feedback" crash report. I'm on Android 7.0.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by yesyoucant View Post
    This is become a constant problem where BP 4.2.30 crashes whenever I try to open it ("BeyondPod has stopped. Restart App, Send Feedback". The strange thing is that if I trigger BP to open via the remote on my headset, it will play podcasts fine... but when I tap to open the app completely then it will crash. It also works with Android Auto fine, but again, if I try to bring the app up fully then it will crash. There have been a few instances where it will work fine for awhile and then start crashing again. Restarting doesn't seem to do anything. I have BP stored on my SD card and would test whether moving it makes a difference...but it is too large to move to internal storage. I've submitted my system logs via the "send feedback" crash report. I'm on Android 7.0.
    Hello,

There is a known issue with the SD card due to Google restrictions so our developers have made some workaround fixes in the latest BETA version 4.2.32 that can be found by visiting http://www.beyondpod.mobi/Android/BETA/. See if this version fixes your issues as it should. If not, we can move forward from there and I will have you send more information to me directly.

Thank you.

Thanks for the reply! When will 4.2.32 be available in the Play store? I just checked and it does not have an update available for me, it is still showing 4.2.30 as the latest version. Because I use Android Auto I cannot sideload the app (according to the instructions at http://www.beyondpod.mobi/Android/BETA/).

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    Hello,

There is a known issue with the SD card due to Google restrictions so our developers have made some workaround fixes in the latest BETA version 4.2.32 that can be found by visiting http://www.beyondpod.mobi/Android/BETA/. See if this version fixes your issues as it should. If not, we can move forward from there and I will have you send more information to me directly.

Thank you.
    Not fixed.

4.2.30 has been crashing on startup on my SM-G955U (Galaxy S8+) since it was auto-updated, with the SD card access errot. I tried this 4.2.32 beta and now I get "We found a previous BeyondPod installation in: '/storage/...' folder. To use it, BeyondPod needs a permission to access your storage (SD) card." Clicking the 'Allow' link briefly causes the text "OK... you can still do a 'clean' install by ..." to appear then back to the same "We found a previous BeyondPod installation" screen. Pressing 'Allow' repeatedly continues in this loop. I have verified in App Permissions that BeyondPod does have Storage permission.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphS View Post
    Not fixed.

4.2.30 has been crashing on startup on my SM-G955U (Galaxy S8+) since it was auto-updated, with the SD card access errot. I tried this 4.2.32 beta and now I get "We found a previous BeyondPod installation in: '/storage/...' folder. To use it, BeyondPod needs a permission to access your storage (SD) card." Clicking the 'Allow' link briefly causes the text "OK... you can still do a 'clean' install by ..." to appear then back to the same "We found a previous BeyondPod installation" screen. Pressing 'Allow' repeatedly continues in this loop. I have verified in App Permissions that BeyondPod does have Storage permission.
    Hello, thank you for letting me know. I will let the developers know you are having this issue. I had this issue with v4.2.31 and v4.2.32 fixed that for me but there are still some users who have seen this happen with v4.2.32.

And now that I updated to 4.2.32 from the play store I'm having this same issue with the "We found a previous BeyondPod installation..." agree dialogue that doesn't go away. I tried restarting and also moving BP from internal to external storage... no luck.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by yesyoucant View Post
    And now that I updated to 4.2.32 from the play store I'm having this same issue with the "We found a previous BeyondPod installation..." agree dialogue that doesn't go away. I tried restarting and also moving BP from internal to external storage... no luck.
    Thank you for letting me know. We have had a couple of other users report the same issue so I have already let development know. I had the issue in v4.2.31 but not with v4.2.32 so hopefully they can get this fixed so no one has this issue anymore.

I'm in the same boat here on Beta install from Play Store feed of 4.2.32 with the found previous installation dialog that loops. Running Samsung Tab S2, SMT710, Android 7.0.