Thread: Trying to get Bluetooth to work properly. Samsung S4

Trying to get Bluetooth to work properly. Samsung S4

Hello, I am trying to get the program to work right. It used to be just fine but with updates on every end something got mixed up some place.

I am using a bluetooth earbuds that have the thing to pause/play/ect

I used to be able to start up Tune-In and then physically exit it start up Beyond Pod and use the controls just fine.
    But recently I have been finding myself having to go into the the S4's application manager and kill the music player and the tunein before starting up byondpod or the controls wont work for the program other than adjusting the audio levels.

Would anyone know of some ways to fix this so that i dont have to go into the app manager every time?

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Almost all manufacturers tweak the way that Bluetooth controls things. My guess is that Samsung have made some changes in this area. I'd go hunting in Samsung forums.

If BP receives a command from the Bluetooth device, it'll respond to it. I assume it's not receiving the commands because something else (Tunein, Music Player or Samsung's Bluetooth implementation) is getting in the way of the command ever reaching BP.

Julie

Playback commands from the Bluetooth device does not work

Quote Originally Posted by juwlz View Post
    Almost all manufacturers tweak the way that Bluetooth controls things. My guess is that Samsung have made some changes in this area. I'd go hunting in Samsung forums.

If BP receives a command from the Bluetooth device, it'll respond to it. I assume it's not receiving the commands because something else (Tunein, Music Player or Samsung's Bluetooth implementation) is getting in the way of the command ever reaching BP.

Julie
    I have the same issues and is not Samsung or Android. The Bluetooth buttons work for all the other application (Music Player, Audible, Amazon Music, Google Music). The only application that does not work is BeyondPod. Do you have any recommendations to track an fix this bug?

My device: Samsung Galaxy S4, Android 5.01