Thread: Local feeds not sorted by filename, even though it is set to

Question Local feeds not sorted by filename, even though it is set to

I've just upgraded to the new version of BeyondPod. I use BP for playback of locally stored audiobooks and audio dramas. I created a local feed for my audiobooks which just points to the main directory which contains all of the different books in subdirectories and it is set to organize by filename. It appears that the folders in the main directory are sorted correctly, but the files in the subdirectories are not (so the chapters are all out of order). Within the directories the files are named as "01 - Chapter 1.mp3", "02 - Chapter 2.mp3", etc. so they should be listed in the correct order. Is there something I am doing wrong or is this a bug? It worked on the older version before I updated today.

Thanks for your time!

EDIT: Ah-ha! I figured out how to work around this. After poking around in the settings, I found a global option for sorting local feeds. When this is set to sort by filename, it works as I want it to. The fact that BeyondPod is not respecting feed-specific options regarding sorting still seems like a bug though. Thanks again!
    Last edited by dirtdigger; 05-17-2012 at 01:01 PM.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtdigger View Post
    I've just upgraded to the new version of BeyondPod.
    2.9.17 or 3.0.14 beta?

Hi juwlz,

Thanks for the reply. I just updated to 3.0.14 through the Play Store.

BeyondPod Team
    dirtdigger

You are correct - this is indeed a bug in 3.0.14 (thank you for reporting it). You can use the workaround you found or alternatively, you can use the "Episodes" view and sort it by feed (using the a>z button in the bottom right) - there the "per-feed" sort order is preserved. We will provide a fix for this bug it in the next beta version.

Quote Originally Posted by StefanK View Post
    dirtdigger

You are correct - this is indeed a bug in 3.0.14 (thank you for reporting it). You can use the workaround you found or alternatively, you can use the "Episodes" view and sort it by feed (using the a>z button in the bottom right) - there the "per-feed" sort order is preserved. We will provide a fix for this bug it in the next beta version.
    Thanks for your reply Stefan. That's great to hear.