Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Integration with Alexa

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Quote Originally Posted by Unifex View Post
    This is the key point that @juwiz appears to be missing.
    No, I'm not missing that point. In fact, that's exactly the point I'm making.

To work, Alexa needs a cloud-based player. The Episode sync data only maintains changes to data (e.g. Episode X added to Feed A), not the data itself (i.e. Feed A currently contains Episodes U, V, W and X), so it isn't a whole record of episodes you have available to play.

Julie
    Last edited by juwlz; 02-13-2017 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Typo

Thanks for the reply Julie, not the answer I was hoping for, but glad to have an official response.

Well, it looks like episodesync needs a capabilities improvement to allow for Alexa integration.

wanted to see if i could resurrect this thread, it would be a great feature if an Alexa skill could be written to link to the list of podcasts and continue listening to a podcast from the same place as i stopped on my phone. It wont need to control the phone just to the sync data on your servers.

Spotify has this very nice feature allowing you to select Amazon Echo device as an output for tour sound.
    It would be great if BeyondPod could do the same.

Spotify.jpg

The features that would be great would be similar to what https://www.mypodapp.com however they dont have a phone app, maybe you could arrange some sort of way to synchronise playlists on Alexa with those in beyindpod and treat alexa like another device.

Quote Originally Posted by juwlz View Post
    Since, as far as I know, neither Alexa nor Google Home can control an Android device, any Alexa or Google Home integration would have to wait until
    a) There is a web player for it to control (which is under development), and
    b) The web player integrates with EpisodeSync to keep the web player and BeyondPod for Android in sync.

So far, the web player is simply that - a player, without subscriptions, let alone synchronisation.

So Alexa control for something that doesn't exist yet is a fair way off.

Julie
    What I do to play the podcasts I have in BeyondPod is I link the phone via Bluetooth. Then, I able to pause, play and stop it just by saying "Alexa.....Pause...." etc etc

I must unfortunately agree. The spotify app lacks so many features I like about beyond pod, but it is a very convenient way to switch between mobile phones and stationary devices.

Spotify don't work great with my Alexa, a lot of strange bugs
    I need to know if I'm the only one, please ?

TweakBox word counter Tutuapp
    Last edited by escobarrr; 10-25-2019 at 10:53 AM.