Thread: Can't skip ads - local ads on a foreign downloaded podcast

Can't skip ads - local ads on a foreign downloaded podcast

Recently, last month or so, I have gotten local ads (FiOS, Progressive Insurance, etc.) at the beginning or end of some podcasts. These are NOT part of the recording and one of the podcasts isn't even from a country where the ad is coming from. If I try to skip the ad it repeats it, exactly at the beginning of the ad, like it has a marker or something.

These are fully downloaded podcasts, not streamed. Android Marshmallow, S7 Edge, Verizon, Beyondpod 4.2.16 with unlock key 1.0.2

This is not every podcast. Orbiting Humas Circus of the Air does it (Jan 11 episode).

My copy of the Jan 11 Orbiting Human Circus starts right in with the narrator talking with the janitor. What's your feed url? Mine is <http://orbitinghumancircus.libsyn.com/rss>

The previous episode (Ep 6, Dec 21) starts in with a promo for Rocket Mortgage produced by OHC, not injected.

Ah, made me look. The injection seems to be at the end of No Such Thing as a Fish which was in my cueue just before Orbiting Human Circus. (Just saw that I mistyped Humas Circus - totally a different show I am sure). The ad is for FiOS, which is not in England as far as I know. The ad even mentions clicking an ad, but there is no ad showing (thankfully)

I am going to look up ad injection, didn't know the term. Have no idea how to remove them but it might make me get rid of some podcasts in my repertorie.

NPR started putting ads at the beginning of some podcasts that were clearly added after the fact -- I was behind on the feed but the ads mentioned current events. I suppose they just send the ad before they send the MP3, but it was disconcerting.

My local cable TV provider (Comcast) clearly replaces network ads with their own, and they don't do it very well -- there's generally a quarter-second or so of timing mismatch.

There is also a recurrent feature request to skip the first or last few seconds of each episode, just to dodge such ads. It doesn't get much traction with the devs, unfortunately.

You cannot skip these ad, if you try to skip it starts over at the beginning of the ad.

Sorry, I downloaded the first and the last episodes of that feed, and there was no such ad at the end.

BP found this feed URL for me: <https://audioboom.com/chanels/2399216.rss>. I suspect your feed URL points to some CDN that adds revenue by messing with your downloads.

Sounds interesting. This is wsop promo code cheats 2017 , a good time for us .
    Last edited by Cardmines52; 06-10-2017 at 05:18 AM.