Thread: Storage error

Storage error

Not sure if this is BP or Android error.

Beyond pod is storing to app storage. It's causing internal storage to fill. I have an SD card formatted as internal.

I reinstall beyond pod. Problem fixed. I restore my feeds from backup. Problem is back.

I move storage location to /sdcard/podcasts - data moves, I can see the data there using file browser. Android still tells me internal storage is being used.

The problem, obviously, is that my phone is filling up, and stops working. I can fix the problem if I clean install, but my feeds can't be restored without the problem resurfacing. As near as I can tell, assuming /sdcard is actually on the SD card, the files are not stored internally, but Android says they are, and acts accordingly.

Suggestions?

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    To be honest, I don't know how Android uses adopted SD card storage, but BeyondPod can use a non-adopted SD card. However, to be able to write to it, the data has to be in BeyondPod's private folder, at /storage/nnnn-nnn/Android/data/mobi.beyondpod/files.

A similar convention has also been adopted for internal storage (and therefore, I'd guess adopted storage) in Marshmallow, so I suspect the resolution to you issue will be to move your BeyondPod folder to /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/mobi.beyondpod/files/

The issue, I think, is that when you restore your data, you also restore the folder that it was in. If you then go to General Settings, scroll down to the bottom, and tap the Podcast Download Folder section, and choose to "move" your data, you should end up with it in a location that BP can access successfully.

Julie