Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scheduled update not triggering

Just wanted to give a quick update. I thought I had previously whitelisted Beyondpod in the battery settings, it looks like on Samsung phones there is both a samsung battery manager and the stock android doze as well.

On the S7 with Nougat you have to whitelist it in the following locations:
    1. Settings -> Device Maintenance -> Battery -> Unmonitored Apps -> Add beyondpod
    2. Settings -> Device Maintenance -> Battery -> Battery Usage -> 3 Button Menu -> Optimize Battery Usage -> Turn off for Beyondpod

After doing the second step it looks like scheduled updates are triggering now just as they should be.

Thanks.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    Ah, another "Samsung special"

Thanks for the update and additional information.

Julie

My BP has had this problem lately. On a Nexus 5x with Android 7.1.

Does BeyondPod need to be running for the scheduled update to work? I am new to Android, so don't fully understand when Apps are closed and when they are running in the background, so any extra clues appreciated...

The scheduler is not working for me (when plugged into charger), so I would appreciate a list of things to check. Thanks.

Samsung S7; I have checked the battery options in the above post.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorenzo View Post
    Does BeyondPod need to be running for the scheduled update to work? I am new to Android, so don't fully understand when Apps are closed and when they are running in the background, so any extra clues appreciated...

The scheduler is not working for me (when plugged into charger), so I would appreciate a list of things to check. Thanks.

Samsung S7; I have checked the battery options in the above post.
    BeyondPod does not need to be running for scheduled updates to work. Make sure to check all of your update settings, e.g. Only on WiFi, Data Usage, etc.

Just wanted to say THANK YOU to Zodiac - I knew that my phone was putting the app to sleep somehow, but I couldn't figure out where. The second step was what I needed. Thanks again!