Thread: Can't load Beyondpod - Error Loading Application Data

Unhappy Can't load Beyondpod - Error Loading Application Data

I did a factory reset on my Samsung SIII SGH-i747 running LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.1) and am now getting the following on launch:

BEYONDPOD 4.2.18
    Error Loading Application Data!
    NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String.java.io.file.getAbsolutePath()' on a null object reference

I've done a factory reset, restored the app from my google account, uninstalled, tried a fresh install from the app store and deleted the app data.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    • Did you back up your BP settings and/or BeyondPod folder before the factory reset?
    • If so, was that just your settings, or the whole folder, and have you restored them?
    • And do you still have the backups?

• Use a file manager to determine where, on your device you have any BeyondPod folders (the full path(s), and whether on internal storage or SD card). If there is more than one, which one(s) contain actual downloaded episodes?

My guess is that your actual data is somewhere other than where BP is expecting to find it, but I'll wait to make suggestions about what to do about it until I get the responses to the questions I've asked.

Julie