Thread: Problem with Episodes Lists

Thumbs up Problem with Episodes Lists

Before the current upgrade, I would go to the Episodes List (for a given feed or category), touch an episode to play it and BeyondPod would play that episode and all the ones which came after it in the Episode List (no need to add episodes to the playlist).

Now, BP only plays the one selected episode (and stops). Yes, BP is still set to Play Next.

As a result I have to play episodes manually one at a time, or add episodes 10 at a time to the playlist and then play them. Problem is I am often talking about a "list" of 20 or more episodes, so I can add 10 but then I have to add the rest individually.

BP was a lot easier to use before, unless I am missing something in the new interface. This is the second time BP has been made harder and more complicated. Up until a few versions back, episodes appeared in the original order shown in the Feed page. Then episodes appeared in seemingly random order. (OK, not really random. Alphabetical order. Order of file creation - not download order. Duration... But not the original Feed Order.) Anyway, I contacted BP and they told me to uncheck Force Unique Names. I did and that worked for a week or so until the next update. Then BP went back to showing episodes out of order and it still is. So, I no longer can use BP for multi-episode feeds. I have to get the episodes on my PC and transfer them manually (I still listen through BP to get the Presto plug-in).

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    I guess the change of behaviour, and the setting required to reinstate the old behaviour needs an FAQ somewhere; this was answered in another thread earlier this afternoon.

Julie

Quote Originally Posted by juwlz View Post
    I guess the change of behaviour, and the setting required to reinstate the old behaviour needs an FAQ somewhere; this was answered in another thread earlier this afternoon.

Julie
    Thanks, Julie. I missed the other thread but Stefan's reply addresses the "automatic playlist" issue. Now, if I can figure out how to get my episodes to show up in the playlist in the original order ....

BeyondPod Team
    If you have "Force Unique File Names" unchecked (and episode file names reflect the order of the episodes of the feed) you can sort the episodes by "File Name" and they should appear in their "release" "order" - as far as this functionality it works the same as the previous version. To do that, go to the "Episodes" screen and select "By File Name" from the sort options in the bottom right.

Alternatively, if you set the sort order to be "By Feed" (instead of "By File Name") it will group episodes of each feed together - each episode will be sorted with other episodes of the same feed according to the sort order is set for the feed in the Feed Settings > Sort Local Episodes By.