Thread: how to prevent auto-playing when car starts up

how to prevent auto-playing when car starts up

I've connected my Android phone to my new car via Bluetooth. Now, whenever I start the car, BeyondPod starts playing. I don't want this to happen. How do I prevent it from happening?

I read somewhere that unchecking the "Enable Headset Button" setting will solve this. I unchecked that setting, and it had no effect.

Is there a different setting that I need to change? Basically, I want to prevent BeyondPod from letting a Bluetooth signal start playback.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    You may need to ask the manufacturer of your car's AV system how to prevent it from sending a Play/Pause command on connection, although I would have expected that unticking the Enable Headset Button would prevent BP from responding to any command from your car's AV (which means you won't be able to actively control playback using your car's AV either, of course).

Another option you could try is a third party app to control what happens when you connect to a wired or bluetooth device. There are apps in the Playstore that will look for connections and allow you to set rules for what should happen. One that I've used in the past is Headphone connect: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...adphoneconnect

HTH
    Julie

A low tech solution I use for this is to switch the car's system to 'Radio' and turn the volume down.

Or you can set your car's system to CD or Aux or iPod, or anything other than Bluetooth.
    Or you can clear your playlist in BeyondPod. No playlist; nothing plays.
    Or you can set BeyondPod to use an external player instead of the default player (but VSC may not work any more).
    In fact, your phone connected to your car audio system will play whatever is in the default player's playlist (Play Music on Android phones) when you start up.

Quote Originally Posted by emacee1701 View Post
    Or you can set your car's system to CD or Aux or iPod, or anything other than Bluetooth....
    Depends on the system, mine (Ford) won't switch to CD unless there is one in the drive, and Aux is where Bluetooth is.

Quote Originally Posted by mikew94703 View Post
    I've connected my Android phone to my new car via Bluetooth. Now, whenever I start the car, BeyondPod starts playing. I don't want this to happen. How do I prevent it from happening?
    I'm having the opposite problem but I can't find any posts about it. When I got my new car a couple months ago my podcasts would auto resume when starting the car. This was sometimes annoying and unwanted but other times very handy. Now for no apparent reason, it has stopped and I've realized how convenient it was but I can't figure out why it has stopped or how to get it back again. Does anyone know how to enable this feature?

Not only does it not resume automatically, but the podcast does show up on the screen in the car, but even pushing the play button on the car doesn't start the podcast. I have to same problem with my Bluetooth headphones and my Samsung watch. If I push pause on the headphones or watch, It will not start playback unless I pull the phone out of my pocket, open BeyondPod and open the podcast screen and press play. That's a lot to do while I'm trying to drive or walk through a busy parking lot, especially when pissing play on the Bluetooth device used to resume playback; even after long pauses. Now it can be less than a minute later and resume doesn't work.

I was going this post would have some useful info for both problems.

I used to have that problem, but I got a new phone with Nougat, and I don't need to convince BP to start; the car or the BT earbuds can reliably tell BP to start playing.