Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Low volume via bluetooth

Low volume via bluetooth

I listen to podcasts via bluetooth headphones and also bluetooth car adaptor. The volume via the headphones is fine (whether the headphones amplify the signal or whether its just because of the quieter environment). With the bluetooth car adaptor, the volume was stupidly low so I increase the bluetooth volume on the phone to the max and then the media volume to the max and also the car volume to the max and its just acceptable for most podcasts and others are a little quiet.

Also due to every volume being at the max, there is a little bit of noise when nothing is playing - probably noisy car electronics on the power system. If the car volume is lowered slightly then this issue is removed.

Anyway, i thought that this was a car / bluetooth issue and nothing to do with BP. However if I switch to play music and hit play, my ears pop with the volume of the music. So my question is, is there a audio booster / way to increase the volume of podcasts in BP? I presume as google music can play at such a volume that the app must be boosting the volume as all the user controls are set to max (the same as when BP plays quietly).

On a similar subject - could it be a future feature of BP that it makes sure all podcasts are boosted / reduced to the same volume level so you dont get a loud one and then one you can hardly hear? I know you dont control the content but wondered if self levelling audio was an option.

Thanks in advance.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    I'm surprised you're getting such different results from BP vs the Music Player, as they both use the same built in player.

However, to answer your question, there is no global setting, but if you have the paid version, and have Speed Adjustment enabled in the Player Settings, there's a Volume Boost setting (from -9 to +9) in each feed's Advanced Settings.

The last time we investigated volume levelling, it wasn't something that could be achieved using the built in audio player.

HTH
    Julie

Julie

I did read about the volume adjustment appearing if the speed option was ticked but as the posts were old and the fact I didnt have the option in my BP, i presumed it had been moved / removed. I have purchased BP but could have accidentially only installed the free version as its not showing for me. I am on a samsung device (in case that makes a difference ie restricting features and the version of BP is 4.2.16 )

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by juwlz View Post
    I'm surprised you're getting such different results from BP vs the Music Player, as they both use the same built in player.

However, to answer your question, there is no global setting, but if you have the paid version, and have Speed Adjustment enabled in the Player Settings, there's a Volume Boost setting (from -9 to +9) in each feed's Advanced Settings.

The last time we investigated volume levelling, it wasn't something that could be achieved using the built in audio player.

HTH
    Julie

Sorry to message again but wasnt sure if my question had been overlooked. I dont have the volume adjustment setting mentioned above and wondered why that is (I do have the speed adjustment enabled).

Thanks

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by nickthorley View Post
    Sorry to message again but wasnt sure if my question had been overlooked. I dont have the volume adjustment setting mentioned above and wondered why that is (I do have the speed adjustment enabled).

Thanks
    When you are in a feed, click on the 3 dot icon in the top corner, click "Edit Feed", drop down the arrow for "Advanced Settings" and you will see a box to check for "Volume Boost". From there you can the volume boost from -9 to +9.

That's where the option should be but I don't have the option hence the question

BeyondPod Team
    That's where the option should be but I don't have the option hence the question
    Do you not have an Advanced Settings option under "Edit Feed" at all? Or you do not have Volume Boost option? Can you share a screen shot(s) so I can get a better look of what you see please? Thank you.

I have the advanced setting but under there I have feed name, sync with feedly, feed authentication, post sort order, sort local episodes by, long episode names, Duplicate episode detection, force unique names, allow episode deletions, save played position, preferred episode format, podcast download history and custom feed image. No mention about volume boost at all.

BeyondPod Team
    I have the advanced setting but under there I have feed name, sync with feedly, feed authentication, post sort order, sort local episodes by, long episode names, Duplicate episode detection, force unique names, allow episode deletions, save played position, preferred episode format, podcast download history and custom feed image. No mention about volume boost at all.
    Okay, sounds like you do not have the Speed Adjustment enabled in the main Player Settings.

Go to "Settings" at the end of the feed category's list (swipe left or use the 3 line icon at the top left), then go into "Player Settings", scroll down until you see "Enable Speed Adjustment". Make sure that box next to Speed Adjustment is checked.
    Then you can go back to the Edit Feed section and under Advanced Settings, you will see the Volume Booster option.

That was already ticked but I have unticked it, let it save and then ticked it again but still no volume option. Wondered if it's a Samsung or latest os related issue?