Thread: Unable to access the storage card on Android 6.0

Unable to access the storage card on Android 6.0

Had this problem on my last phone and assumed it was something I did. Now I'm having the same problem and its a totally different phone. Podcasts were taking up too much room on my internal storage so I was trying to free up space by moving my downloads to alternative path under general settings but it kept telling me that the path was unavailable or read only (even after I tried formatting my external sdcard). I uninstalled and reinstalled which didn't work so I tried uninstalling both beyond pod and the beyond pod unlock key and manually removing all mobi.beyondpod directories on both internal and external storage. Now when I reinstall, it tells me beyond pod was unable to access the storage card.

Getting frustrated. Don't know why we can't use the android storage gui selection process to specify or download folder.

BeyondPod Team
    We are looking into this issue. I will get back with you as soon as I have some more information for you. Thank you advance for your patience.

I'm having this exact issue with my phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 mini, unrooted Android 4.4.2, BP 4.2.18.

Oddly, my favorite file browser (RootExplorer, yes I'm not rooted, but an old device was) can create directories in /storage/extSdCard, but it cannot remove them. It does tell me that I could do that if I was rooted.

I'd be happy to try stuff; I've been using the Beta versions and contributing bug reports from waaay back.

Got it!

Used the instructions at http://www.beyondpod.com/forum/showt...ternal-SD-Card, but I had to create the directory (/storage/extSdCard/Android/data/mobi.beyondpod/files) manually, and specify that entire path to BP.