Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Not available on Android Auto

.36 not available yet here in the UK!

What do I look for in Google Play Store to get BeyondPod Betas?

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by doPdnoyeB View Post
    .36 not available yet here in the UK!
    .36 has not been released yet which is why you are not seeing it. If you are enrolled as a beta tester, you will see it in the PlayStore. If you are not enrolled as a beta tester, you will not.

Just as an fyi, even when the .36 beta is released, AA will still not be available as they said they would only lift the ban from the production version. So not until the production version is released will AA be available again.

I am a Beta tester but not seeing the .36 update in the Play Store or your web-page as an APK

Using the betas won't really help anyone here. Google won't allow BeyondPod on Android Auto again until the _stable_ non-beta version is corrected.

Personally, I wouldn't use the normal week-delay release cycle for something that critically interferes with users being able to use the software like this. This a software design methodology far more suited to feature releases than bug fixes, but it sounds like both are handled in the same cadence here. This much care certainly doesn't seem to have gone into the release that broke things, and definitely didn't seem to be a concern for the months of silence without releases that followed.

Another week (minimum) of delay is very disappointing since I'm going to begin driving across the country in a few days and won't be able to use both navigation (on my Android Auto stereo) and BeyondPod at the same time. I guess it's time to start trying out some new apps. I was really hoping I could skip having to spend that effort.
    -Neil

I got excited for a minute last night when I saw a BeyondPod update in progress but it was just the Unlock Key application.

^^^^^^^seriously this. It's like the developer has one code tree, and once something enters they have no idea where it went or how to pull it back out. How was the AA fix not done in a separate release...the rest of the beta bugs can wait or be merged in later...

It's been 12 days since the last update. KimW, would you mind providing an update?

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by zyberwoof View Post
    It's been 12 days since the last update. KimW, would you mind providing an update?
    Hello,

The beta we submitted to Google Play Store (Over a week ago) was rejected because Google was not blacklisted from AA like everyone else and they were not aware of the work/fix our development team and AA team had made. The AA team had to reach out to Google to explain and approve the situation so we were waiting on progress from that. We were informed last night from Google and the AA team that the beta apk was accepted and it was pushed yesterday.

So we are still going to have the beta out for hopefully just a few days, but because of the delay from Google's rejection and the time it took for them to get in and approve it, we aren't pushing to Production this week like we had hoped originally. Once this beta is marked good, we will push to Production though and AA will approve the fix again and lift the blacklist on BP.

Hi Kim, I am still not seeing the beta on the Google Play Store, can you advise on the progress?