Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Not available on Android Auto

Yeah, I posted the same content in another Reddit thread I saw here: https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidAuto...n_androidauto/
    And I tried posting in the Android Auto User Community: https://productforums.google.com/for...m/android-auto

So far, I haven't found anything helpful. For me, Android Auto was last updated on June 27th, so it doesn't seem to be a new release issue like suggested in that Reddit thread. I don't know what other things need to align for an app to show up in Android Auto though, or what validations might have to occur, if any other apps might be involved in the decision, etc. Nothing else that was updated around that time seemed like it could be related to me.
    -N

Another me too! It was working on Saturday but when i got in the car today to go to work no BeyondPod in Android Auto

Interesting in one of those threads someone said the old .18 release stopped working too.

I wonder if Google did a server side change to block BP, they may have gotten enough complaints reported about it stealing focus.

I'm also having the same issue. It was working last week. BeyondPod V4.2.30 - 6th April 2018, Android Auto V3.4.582534-release - 27th June 2018 so I assume neither have automatically updated over the last few days.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by mck View Post
    Yesterday I noticed that BeyondPod was no longer showing up in Android Auto. A few others have mentioned this at reddit

More than a month ago I reverted to Beyondpod 4.2.18 to avoid the issue of Beyondpod stealing the focus of Android Auto and not letting other audio apps play with Android Auto.

In an attempt to use BP with Android Auto I've just done the following:
    I let the play store update to BP 4.2.30, no help.
    I tried BP beta 4.2.34, no help.

I don't have any inside knowledge or expertise regarding this issue but I wonder if the recent Android Update was Google's way of "fixing" the issue of BP stealing focus. That issue causes problems with the use of other apps and must be generating complaints from users and app developers.

Maybe this has nothing to do with Google but it seems odd that BP v. 4.2.18 worked fine with Android Auto and then the same version stopped working. It should be easy to verify if this is just my problem or if it's universal.

Sorry to add to your support hassles. Good luck.
    Hello,

I have read other comments of users seeing this issue as well. I have reported it to development to see what is going on. Thank you!

BeyondPod Team
    Hello All,

I have reported this to development to take a look into. I will give an update when I have one for you. Thank you all for your comments.

I am having the issue where Beyondpod is not showing up as an option on my Android Auto.

@dg2014, did you get it working?

I am running 4.2.30. It was working on my way to work Friday and Monday it is not. This is the first issue I ever had with Beyoundpod.
    I have had it for a while, I am pretty sure I got it from play store.
    The License type says Android Market. I also have the key.

Quote Originally Posted by phalkon30 View Post
    I wonder if Google did a server side change to block BP, they may have gotten enough complaints reported about it stealing focus.
    There was definitely a problem with BeyondPod prior to it disappearing from Android Auto, since for a month or two it has not been possible to use any other audio app (for me at least) and when trying to use Spotify, etc. it always pingged back to BeyondPod. Since BP is my main audio app when driving this was not a huge issue for me, but certainly is also worth the BP devs looking into.

There was a workaround fix that was posted somewhere to fix that behavior awhile back. I think it was disabling some feature like keeping the pause notification open in the latest version of BeyondPod. It worked fine with that gone, at least for me.

I can totally imagine though that because the majority of users wouldn't see a troubleshooting post in these forums and would just complain that it was broken to Google, they may have done something like what was suggested, just blocking BeyondPod until the app is _actually_ fixed. Having been a paying customer of BeyondPod for a long time now, I'd be disappointed if a known bug that severe wasn't going to be addressed sometime soon. I suppose it's probably already been too long, but I'd forgotten about it. I also recognize that paying users and users of Android Auto and the intersection of those groups is probably a very small contingent.

Hopefully they can address this quickly now that it's Monday and folks will have more time to work on a fix.
    -N

BeyondPod Team
    Hello All,

Development would like to know what devices you are all using? Do you have Samsung? We are seeing an issue with Samsung devices and AA but not with Nexus for example.