Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to automatically populate playlist?

""To play all of the episodes you see in that list (including episodes marked for streaming, if your streaming settings allow), press play on the first episode. Since you have AutoPlay already enabled, it will add all of the episodes you see to your playlist, in the order you see them, and play them in that order. i.e. it will Auto(matically) Play them.""

That's the thing. That's the WHOLE REASON I started this thread. This isn't happening.

Here's what I want: if it's downloaded, it's in the Playlist.

That's all I want. That's the way it used to work and I can't get it to work that way again.

As it is now, nothing is ever automatically added to the Playlist ever.

It used to be that once I downloaded an episode, I could check the Playlist and there it was waiting to be played. If I downloaded 10 episodes from 3 feeds, they would all be there waiting in the Playlist. Right now, if I want anything in the Playlist I have to manually add it.

Can no one tell me how to make the Playlist automatically populate with all downloaded episodes?

Quote Originally Posted by phonon View Post
    Can no one tell me how to make the Playlist automatically populate with all downloaded episodes?
    I did. But either you didn't try, or you don't agree it works. I have a feeling that you either has a misunderstanding of how things worked in v3, or forgot how you had configured v3. May want to take a video of you operating v3 and people can tell you how to do the same in v4.

When did you tell me?

You don't believe me when I say that when I used version 3, all I did was download episodes and they were automatically in the playlist and you want me to prove it somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by phonon View Post
    When did you tell me?

You don't believe me when I say that when I used version 3, all I did was download episodes and they were automatically in the playlist and you want me to prove it somehow?
    See my post on 05-11-2017 03:40 PM.

And hey, I'm just a fellow BP user who happens to loves it both before and after the design chang, and just wants to help out other users getting used to v4. Apparently both Juile and I both have different experience than you on how v3 worked. And since both of our suggestion don't seem to help, I'm just suggesting if you show your screens and steps, it maybe easier to other to help. If you don't like it, *shrug*.

Btw Julie's method works fine for me and I have used her way occasionally.

I see. You were talking about Smartplay, which I never used in version 3. All I did was check Automatic Playlist and that's how it worked. If it was downloaded it was in the playlist. Anyway, I already said that when I try to use Smartplay in this new version, nothing happens. It doesn't do anything. I try to give it rules, but nothing seems to make anything actually do anything. So far, nothing has ever been automatically added to the playlist no matter what I try.

I appreciate the help you guys are trying to give me and I apologize if I come across as rude, but this is frustrating and all the replies at first seemed to be intentionally obtuse to try to obfuscate flaws and bugs in the new version. I see now that this isn't the case, so I apologize for assuming it. Maybe you two were just getting annoyed with my questions thinking I was just trying to bash the app, which is not the case.

Anyway, I'll give Smartplay another chance. I'll just turn it on, give it the rule to start with the oldest episode and then wait. Maybe it takes a few tries or an app restart or a phone restart or something.

BeyondPod Team
    UK (BP Team member from Jun 2012 to Mar 2017), http://blog.juwlz.co.uk/
    It depends on how automatically you want things to get put on your Play list. If you really don't even want to go into your episode list, then yes, you need to use SmartPlay (and this is how I choose to use BP - I have the player set as my startup page, and a SmartPlay shortcut on my homepage to start playback).

BUT, with AutoPlay enabled, you don't need to use SmartPlay. All you have to do is press play on the first episode you see in the episode list, and all the rest of the episodes you can see there will also be added to your playlist and they will all play. That's not quite the same as putting them in your playlist as soon as they're downloaded, and requires that you have All Feeds selected from the left hand drawer when you press play, but that selection is sticky, and the result (playing all your episodes once you have them) is the same.