Thread: Downloads not adding to playlist and some being removed

Unhappy Downloads not adding to playlist and some being removed

I have been struggling for some time to get newly downloaded episodes to atomatically add to the playlist.
    Also, some episodes that have been manually added to the playlist, but are still unplayed, seem to have dropped off next time I look.
    It used to work fine, but stopped some months ago for whatever reason.

I'm using a Galaxy Note 8.
    I have tried all sorts of setting combinations, but none seem to work. My currently settings that I think might be relevant are as follows.

Playlist settings:
    Automatic Playlist - on
    Auto Rebuld Smartplay - on
    Keep Current Episode - on

Feed update settings:
    Automatic Updates - All categories

General/Feed Defaults:
    Episode Handling - Download latest
    Episode Download - 10
    Keep At Most - 20
    Cleanup - 30 days

I'm not sure if it's relevant, but I subscribe to 73 feeds of which 42 have currently downloaded episodes.
    I have 1 playlist, which I think is a Smart Playlist, but I'm not sure how to tell.
    It currently holds 58 episodes, but is generaly a lot smaller than that.

Can someone tell me what's wrong?
    I have looked at some alternative apps which look a lot simpler to set up, but I don't wan't to switch, partly because it would take so long to resubscribe.
    But also out of loyalty, as I've been using BeyondPod for as long as I can remember.

BeyondPod Team
    Hello,

Does your Playlist have a name? Or does it just say "Playlist"? Can you "Edit" the playlist (e.g. rules/name) or just add/delete episodes? We first need to know if you are having issues with your SmartPlaylist or regular playlist.

Thanks Kim.
    The playlist is called General, which I believe I named it when I set it up some time ago.
    Yes I can edit it to add and modify rules.
    I currently ony have one rule which is set up for oldest 10 records on all feeds.

BeyondPod Team
    Your automatic downloads for BeyondPod are running as scheduled? They just aren't adding to your SmartPlaylist when they fit the rules you set?

Yes it's downloading fine.

BeyondPod Team
    Please send your logs to support after your SmartPlaylist should have added newly downloaded episodes based on your SmartPlay rule. Development will take a look to see if there are any clues to help figure out why you are having this issue.

To send log files, go to BP Settings>> Menu Overflow (3 dot icon in the top right corner) >> View Logs >> Choose the logs "Android" and "BeyondPod" (these steps will need to be taken for each log separately) >> Menu overflow >> Email.

Please make sure to include a brief description of your issue with each log so development knows what report to match your logs to.