Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why no "Show all unplayed" episodes in feed?

Why no "Show all unplayed" episodes in feed?

In the old version of Beyondpod the feeds could show all episodes (played and unplayed), only downloaded episodes, or all unplayed episodes (downloaded and not downloaded).

My preferred view was to show all unplayed episodes, including those I have not yet downloaded.

In the new version this isn't an option. Your choices are "My episodes", ie downloaded episodes, or Everything, ie all unplayed, played, downloaded, not downloaded.

This is a pain. Why can't it be like the old version? Is there any setting I can choose that will show unplayed episodes including those that haven't been downloaded yet?

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by phonon View Post
    In the old version of Beyondpod the feeds could show all episodes (played and unplayed), only downloaded episodes, or all unplayed episodes (downloaded and not downloaded).

My preferred view was to show all unplayed episodes, including those I have not yet downloaded.

In the new version this isn't an option. Your choices are "My episodes", ie downloaded episodes, or Everything, ie all unplayed, played, downloaded, not downloaded.

This is a pain. Why can't it be like the old version? Is there any setting I can choose that will show unplayed episodes including those that haven't been downloaded yet?
    There is still an option to filter with those options. In the feed list, when you click on the 3 dot icon at the top, there is an option to "Filter". You can choose what you would like to display.

That's only true when "My Episodes" is chosen. Filter is not an option when "All Published" is chosen. If "My Episodes" is chosen then I pick Filter > Not Played, it's still only filtering downloaded episodes. There is no option to show all unplayed episodes in a feed.

Please update the app to allow a feed to show all unplayed episodes.

Your information in the other thread is incorrect.

If you have no episodes downloaded, when you click "My Episodes" there is a message that says "You have not downloaded any episodes for XYZ Podcast. See all published episodes."

So your choices are to see downloaded episodes or everything.

Please update the app to allow a feed to show all unplayed episodes, both downloaded and not yet downloaded.

This is the way is what in the previous version.

That's only true when "My Episodes" is chosen. Filter is not an option when "All Published" is chosen. If "My Episodes" is chosen then I pick Filter > Not Played, it's still only filtering downloaded episodes. There is no option to show all unplayed episodes in a feed.
    In "All published" mode there is no filter option but there is a menu option to toggle between "Show Played" and "Hide Played". It works for me (I rely on this option daily)

Thanks, colonelheero. Can you tell me where this option is? When I'm in a feed and click the three dots my options are:

Update Feed
    Mark All Played
    Share Feed
    Edit Feed
    Search
    Compact Cards
    Play Videos as Audio

Thanks, colonelheero. Can you tell me where this option is? When I'm in a feed and click the three dots my options are:

Update Feed
    Mark All Played
    Share Feed
    Edit Feed
    Search
    Compact Cards
    Play Videos as Audio
    See screenshot. It's just right there for me. Are you using some older version?
    https://m.imgur.com/epWtR8f

I'm using what I thought was the very latest version. The version is 4.2.16

I WISH I were using an old version. Then it would do what I want.

Here's my screenshot.

http://i.imgur.com/FpJUamD.png