Thread: Make App "Compatible" with Samsung DeX

Make App "Compatible" with Samsung DeX

I've been using Samsung's new DeX dock a lot more than I expected and listen to podcasts while my phone is docked. Beyondpod works fine as is, but there's some change in the app that needs to be done that would allow the window it pops up in to be resized in DeX. This would just make it that much more convenient.

(P.s., DeX is awesome and everyone should get it.)

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon44 View Post
    I've been using Samsung's new DeX dock a lot more than I expected and listen to podcasts while my phone is docked. Beyondpod works fine as is, but there's some change in the app that needs to be done that would allow the window it pops up in to be resized in DeX. This would just make it that much more convenient.

(P.s., DeX is awesome and everyone should get it.)
    Hello Jon,

Can you describe (or show an example if you have one) of how the app is displaying now in DeX?

Thank you.

It just comes up in a rectangular box about the overall size and dimensions of a smart phone. Other apps that are billed as being "compatible" with DeX (e.g., Opera, Gmail) generally act like windows that come up in Windows or Mac's-i.e., they can be resized any way you'd like, expanded to full screen or reduced down.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon44 View Post
    It just comes up in a rectangular box about the overall size and dimensions of a smart phone. Other apps that are billed as being "compatible" with DeX (e.g., Opera, Gmail) generally act like windows that come up in Windows or Mac's-i.e., they can be resized any way you'd like, expanded to full screen or reduced down.
    Thank you. I wanted to make sure I understood your request correctly. I will suggest this feature to the BeyondPod Team.