Thread: Podcast skips every few seconds

Podcast skips every few seconds

Hi everyone,

I'm running the fully paid version v4.2.16 on an HTC One M9 running Android 7.0.

The issue I'm having is that every few seconds (approximately 4 seconds), the podcast will skip ahead a few minutes and then play for 4 seconds, and then skip ahead another few minutes. Basically it'll go through a 50 minute podcast in just 30 seconds.

The feed I'm listening to is a sports radio station in Vancouver. Search up "Bmac Donnie Moj" using Beyond Pod or here's the feed address: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/so...422/sounds.rss or https://post.futurimedia.com/ckstam/playlist/rss/17.xml

Just pick any full length episode and you'll see what I mean.

I have a friend that uses the Pocket Casts app and they are able to listen to it without skipping. I love the user interface with Beyond Pod so I really don't want to switch apps.

Anyone can help me? I've restarted my phone and everything. Thank you in advance!

As a data point, this feed works fine for me. BP 4.2.18, Samsung S4 Mini, stock Android 4.4.2.

I varied the playback speed with no ill effects. Just in case.

Thanks Dennis. How do I get 4.2.18? I don't have any pending updates from the Playstore. When I search up BP, I clicked on "WHAT'S NEW" and then scroll to the bottom and see the latest is 4.2.16 and was updated on Nov 6, 2016. Are you running the Beta version by chance?

Yes, I've been running Beta versions for several years now.

I just upgraded to the beta version now (V 4.2.18) and it still happens. May I ask how long you listened? the first few seconds was okay but before 2 minutes had elapsed, it was skipping again. Thanks.

I skipped around in two episodes, listened for several minutes before skipping around again.

Thanks, so it's not just me now. Do the developers monitor these forums?

Sorry, I used confusing terminology. I got no skips as you describe. I manually skipped around and let it play awhile each time to see if it would start skipping.

Thanks for helping by testing it on your device. I'll try downloading this app on another device and see how it is. I don't know whether or not it's my phone or the app. Maybe I need to purchase the other app (Pocket Casts) and see.