Thread: What happened to categories on start screen?

What happened to "all podcasts by category" on start screen?

I just upgraded to v4 and the start screen only lists new episodes. I know when my feeds are updated, so a random list of "what's new" is not useful.

How do I get back to the start screen that lists all podcast feeds by category like there was in V3?
    Last edited by cdouglas; 05-08-2017 at 05:57 PM. Reason: To clarify my intent/queatio.

BeyondPod Team
    The categories are available by clicking the 3 line icon on the top left of the screen. (You can also swipe left to right on the screen to pull out the list)

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    The categories are available by clicking the 3 line icon on the top left of the screen. (You can also swipe left to right on the screen to pull out the list)
    Thanks for the reply, Kim. I've adjusted the subject of this thread to better reflect what I'm looking for.

I know how to find the categories. I would simply like to see a start screen with a list of ALL my subscribed podcast feeds grouped by category. That feature seems to have disappeared in v4.

Look in Settings/General Settings/Home Screen. Is "Feed list" what you're looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Rockwell View Post
    Look in Settings/General Settings/Home Screen. Is "Feed list" what you're looking for?
    Dennis:

Thanks for responding.

No. That just opens list of episodes, not feeds.

I'm looking for this:

Screenshot_20170509-094218 copy.jpg
    Last edited by cdouglas; 05-09-2017 at 10:55 AM.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by cdouglas View Post
    Dennis:

Thanks for responding.

No. That just opens list of episodes, not feeds.

I'm looking for this:

Screenshot_20170509-094218 copy.jpg
    When you pull out the list of categories that I mentioned before, there is a category called "All Feeds". Expand this and you will see the list you sent the screenshot example of.

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    When you pull out the list of categories that I mentioned before, there is a category called "All Feeds". Expand this and you will see the list you sent the screenshot example of.
    Kim:

That does not seem to work. When I follow the instructions you provided, here is what I see:

Screenshot_20170509-125508[1] copy.jpg

As you can see, this is a list of episodes, not feeds. (Even though the button to reach this screen says "All Feeds".]

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by cdouglas View Post
    Kim:

That does not seem to work. When I follow the instructions you provided, here is what I see:

Screenshot_20170509-125508[1] copy.jpg

As you can see, this is a list of episodes, not feeds. (Even though the button to reach this screen says "All Feeds".]
    Yes, when you click on "All Feeds" that you saw, you will be directed to the list of episodes. If you just simply use the drop down arrow next to "All Feeds", it will drop down the list of Feeds.

Screenshot_20170509-150245.jpg Screenshot_20170509-150256.jpg

android 7 = uninstall and install fixed my category issue

I was having similar issues ever since I upgraded to Android 7 on my samsung S6. Basically, i was not seeing "+ category" option. Needless to say I have been a pro user for over 3 years, so I am familiar with the application. to make sure to test out my logic, I used one of my friends phones who was on android 6 and he was seeing everything and was able to create and edit categories.

I uninstalled the app and also the pro license and installed it again from google play. Now everything works correctly!! I am now on version 4.2.16. I am pretty sure that i was on the same version before the uninstall. It seems there is glitch with android 7. a simple uninstall and install fixed my issue. hope this helps