Thread: Lost all feeds and podcasts (Beyondpod v4.2.16)

Question Lost all feeds and podcasts (Beyondpod v4.2.16)

(Aug 16th 2017)
    I use beyondpod almost every day. Today I opened up beyondpod (v4.2.16) and I found no podcasts listed and no feeds under Manage Feeds.
    I usually have around 20 feeds and about 30 podcasts available.
    Is this an issue that has happened to someone else? Have they been wiped out due to e.g inadvertant restore from an empty backup?

--Noj

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by noj1 View Post
    (Aug 16th 2017)
    I use beyondpod almost every day. Today I opened up beyondpod (v4.2.16) and I found no podcasts listed and no feeds under Manage Feeds.
    I usually have around 20 feeds and about 30 podcasts available.
    Is this an issue that has happened to someone else? Have they been wiped out due to e.g inadvertant restore from an empty backup?

--Noj
    I have not heard of this happening from any other user. Did you do a backup in BP that you can restore?

Lost all feeds and podcasts --will do more manual backups in future

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    I have not heard of this happening from any other user. Did you do a backup in BP that you can restore?
    Hi, Thanks for your reply. It's interesting that no-one else has reported this issue. I had a very old backup from which it would not be useful to restore. I guess I will do more backups in case it happens again. It did not take very long to resubscribe to my main podcasts. Thanks.

This just happened to me!

Quote Originally Posted by noj1 View Post
    Hi, Thanks for your reply. It's interesting that no-one else has reported this issue. I had a very old backup from which it would not be useful to restore. I guess I will do more backups in case it happens again. It did not take very long to resubscribe to my main podcasts. Thanks.
    This just happened to me! I have been using beyond pod every day for years now. I just opened it this AM and all my feeds were lost. I have no history. It looks like the app just updated last night to v4.2.16. My most recent backup appears to be over a year old...so i'm not very happy.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what I can do to revive my history?