Thread: Problem when using Android Auto and with downloading episodes already listened to

Problem when using Android Auto and with downloading episodes already listened to

Lately I've been experiencing two different problems with BeyondPod. The first is that sometimes I notice that episodes of my podcasts that I've already heard are re-downloaded. BeyondPod used to be very good at not doing this but now seems to do it a lot. I have a smartlist called Daily that has all of my podcasts in it and usually downloads new episodes from my various podcasts. I've been using this for years with no issues. But now it's not working right.

For example, I listen to the APN Morning Marketplace report. Usually I get a new episode everyday before the market opens. I have my Daily smartlist set to update about every 3 hours (so 9 Am, noon, 3 pm, etc.). When I wake up in the morning I listen to the Morning Marketplace report. Once listened to I have it set to delete the episode. But now I'm seeing in the afternoon the Morning Marketplace report from this morning downloaded again an in my queue. How to fix this?

The other problem I've been having is that I use Android Auto and listen to my podcasts there. There are actually two problems that I have with this come to think of it. First is there's a button on the AA interface that brings up the list of episodes in my queue. As I said I have a Daily smartlist/queue and honestly that's the only smart list I have. It works well so I just use that. But sometimes in the AA interface that button is not there. My workaround is to select the other menu button and select the Daily smartlist. This restarts the smartlist at the first episode there but the button is now on the AA screen for me to use.

The other problem I have with this (and it's repeatable) is that if you browse that smartlist on the AA interface and let's say there are 10 episodes on the list. If I select say episode 5 then fine, episode 5 plays. But if I bring up that list again in the AA interface episode 5 is at the top of the list. IOW there's no way to get to episodes 1-4! They are missing.

Now I can force BeyondPod to come up on my phone and when I go to my Daily smartlist I see all 10 episode and now I can select any of the episodes 1-4. If I say select episode 1 and then go back to AA I can see all 10 episodes in the list. If I then use AA to say select episode 8 then the list in AA shows me only episodes 8-10.

I hope I explained that correctly. Let me know if this is a bug and whether it will be fixed or if there is a better workaround (or if you are confused by my description).

Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump. Bump.

BeyondPod Team
    We have development working on some updates and bug fixes. After Android updated their version, seems we have had quite a few problems. Android Auto seems to have a few. We should have all of these issues fixed in the next version push!

When? When? When? When? When? When? When? When? When? When? When? When? When? When? When? When? When? When?

(dumb limit of characters overridden...)