Thread: I want to pay more for BeyondPod :-)

I want to pay more for BeyondPod :-)

BeyondPod's "pay once and keep using forever" sales model does not make sense to me.

I reported an annoying bug in this forum here, which I have not seen a response to. But considering how little I paid, and only once, I'm not sure what is supposed to fund such customer support, and related bugfixes/feature requests.

Considering how a big a part podcasts are of my daily life, my commute, etc., I am perfectly willing to pay more, if that means the app gets more attention.

I would be fine with a model where paying for a major version of BeyondPod gives you rights to use that version in perpetuity, but to receive upgrades, you have to be subscribed to upgrades to BeyondPod for some reasonable yearly fee.

I agree. I use it daily and don't REALLY want to switch to something else, although I'm tempted.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieter Nagel View Post
    BeyondPod's "pay once and keep using forever" sales model does not make sense to me.

I reported an annoying bug in this forum here, which I have not seen a response to. But considering how little I paid, and only once, I'm not sure what is supposed to fund such customer support, and related bugfixes/feature requests.

Considering how a big a part podcasts are of my daily life, my commute, etc., I am perfectly willing to pay more, if that means the app gets more attention.

I would be fine with a model where paying for a major version of BeyondPod gives you rights to use that version in perpetuity, but to receive upgrades, you have to be subscribed to upgrades to BeyondPod for some reasonable yearly fee.
    We have development working on issues and big fixes currently to push for the next version. I will bring forth your suggestions/concerns to the BeyondPod team. Thank you!