Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 4.2.19 a disastrous release. Let me count the ways

Quote Originally Posted by Goattee View Post
    [*]As a precaution, "share backup" to a cloud account. (I'm hoping you have a fairly recent backup that precedes the release of 4.2.19. If so, use that during the restore described below. If not, use this more questionable backup below.)
    Also if you use episodesync, you may still have a good app with latest progress on your other device. Hopefully it has not been updated to .19. Export a backup from that and that's how I rescued my playlist.

For me ( running oreo / nexus 6P / nova launcher ) : 1) bluetooth autoplay broken ( I need this ). 2) widgets not responding ( PITA when "See 1)"

Question

Hi,

Somewhat related:

After reverting back to .18 and waiting for the next release to get sorted out, is anyone aware of how to prevent the 4.2.19 app update from automatically showing up in my Google Play Store available updates section (even when Auto-Update is already unticked)?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi,

Somewhat related:

After reverting back to .18 and waiting for the next release to get sorted out, is anyone aware of how to prevent the 4.2.19 app update from automatically showing up in my Google Play Store available updates section (even when Auto-Update is already unticked)?

Just ignore it. It should request confirmation to update BP when you tap UPDATE ALL. You can just skip it.

If you are rooted, a program called Titanium Backup has a section that will stop it.

Thanks for taking the time

1) Clicking "Update All" starts the update, no prompt with "skip" comes up...

2) Not rooted unfortunately

-> It's definitely an irritant, if there's any other suggestions (again "Auto-Update" is already deselected), please let me know.

Sorry, my phone does not behave that way. Monday can't get here soon enough!

For me, it's just the apparent bug introduced that ignores the unhide skip-to-end button setting that is a deal breaker with this release.

Even if you are rooted and have titanium backup, it won't help much. A reboot means that the latest version is there.