Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4.2.19 Can't subscribe to new podcasts

I discoverd you can add new feeds direct by url (paste in the RSS in the add new feed) but the recent issues have left me ready to jump ship as i am struggling to re install the non-beta version from APK and the play store won't update.

Has this issue been fixed? It seems rediculous that this issue is from October / Nov 2017 and there is yet to be a fix. I am about to uninstall this app completely.

I would like to use it but I am tired of the crashes.

Thanks!

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimrodeleth View Post
    Has this issue been fixed? It seems rediculous that this issue is from October / Nov 2017 and there is yet to be a fix. I am about to uninstall this app completely.

I would like to use it but I am tired of the crashes.

Thanks!
    Hello,

Yes, this issue has been fixed and has been tested internally. The fix will be pushed in the next release. I have not been given an exact date of when the next release will be made public but I believe it should be in the coming weeks.

This sounds a lot like the sentiment from last year...

Quote Originally Posted by KimW View Post
    Hello,

Yes, this issue has been fixed and has been tested internally. The fix will be pushed in the next release. I have not been given an exact date of when the next release will be made public but I believe it should be in the coming weeks.
    No offense... but if it is not something that is released you really don't have a fix. Please release the fix soon because we are tired of waiting.

Hello.
    Can't add feed

v4.2.19

Sprint
    Android version 7.0
    S7 edge

+ADD FEED
    Search for feed by name or by category
    Feeds are listed as available to "subscribe" but
    Screen locks 99% of time and get notification BeyondPod not responding, Wait?, Close? etc
    Occasionally it doesn't lock and I can select subscribe, it begins a download but then it fails with "HTML viewer failed"

I installed free version 4.0 on wife's S note 8 was able to successfully ADD FEED, I went into Edit Feed and Copied the FEED ADDRESS(URL)
    I then texted the URL to my S7 and opened Beyond Pod v4.2.19 selected +ADD FEED, Selected the upper right corner right arrow in a box and selected "Enter Feed Address" then pasted the copied URL from wife's phone.

The Feed installed perfectly and is working great.

I hope BEYOND POD TEAM can fix this soon but I hope this will help everyone until then!

My biggest problem was finding the proper FEED URL, nothing I found on the interne was correct until I got Beyond Pod v4.0 to extract the correct URL for me.

I have been very satisfied with BPod and am a beta tester.

Hope this is helpful for everyone!

Hello.
    Can't add feed

v4.2.19

Sprint
    Android version 7.0
    S7 edge

+ADD FEED
    Screen locks 99% of time and get notification BeyondPod not responding, Wait?, Close? etc
    Occasionally it doesn't lock and I can select subscribe, it begins a download but then it fails with "HTML viewer failed"

I installed free version 4.0 on wife's S note 8 was able to successfully ADD FEED, I went into Edit Feed and Copied the FEED ADDRESS(URL)
    I then texted the URL to my S7 and opened Beyond Pod v4.2.19 selected +ADD FEED, Selected the upper right corner right arrow in a box and selected "Enter Feed Address" then pasted the copied URL from wife's phone.

I hope BEYOND POD TEAM can fix this soon but I hope this will help everyone until then!

My biggest problem was finding the proper FEED URL, nothing I found on the interne was correct until I got Beyond Pod v4.0 to extract the correct URL for me.

BeyondPod Team
    Quote Originally Posted by stratolifter View Post
    Hello.
    Can't add feed

v4.2.19

Sprint
    Android version 7.0
    S7 edge

+ADD FEED

Hello,

We are aware of the issue with not being able to add feeds in v4.2.19. We currently have volunteer users testing out the newest beta build with fixes to the issues made in 4.2.19. Once we have confirmed the new build is ready to be sent public, we will release that to all users.

It's 3/11, any timeframe for beta release fix for adding new feeds? Instead of a larger all encompassing update to jive with Oreo(assuming), can you give us small release that fixes this huge issue?

If developers are your issue, with toptal.com or gun.io they could have resolved this much faster than an outrageous 3month+ timeframe that's leaving loyal users in the dark.

Best,
    Paul

IWastI,
    I recommend you volunteer to support to beta test for them.

They sent me 4.2.21 and I am using it for a couple weeks now.

It has worked flawlessly, I have added several new podcasts with it, and have sent them my results.

Not sure if others are having any issues with it but on my S7 edge it is ok as far as my phone is concerned.

For anyone reading this their web site still has 4.2.19 as the latest beta and it appears to be able to download from there. I don't recommend loading it as it is the one that caused me issues with adding new Feeds. If you have 4.2.19 and need to add a feed, get the rss url and paste it in manually by selecting the box arrow tab at the upper right corner of screen you end up at when selecting "+ ADD FEED" from main page by pasting the rss url, and you will be able to add the feed.

Again, offer to beta test and hope they offer you the latest beta pre release, 4.2.21 solved this problem for me

Update: there is a thread asking for Beta testers for 4.2.21 beta, it is under main thread "BeyondPod 4.x Beta Versions" "Need Volunteers to test new beta v4.2.21"
    Last edited by stratolifter; 03-11-2018 at 04:28 PM.